Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Does Potter really believe the team doesn’t need strengthening?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
He continuously states we don’t need any improvements “externally”, it’s a reasoning that isn’t really backed up by any of the facts or general performances going back a year.

Surely a striker is needed. 36 year old Murray is not someone we should be relying on as an option.

And Mooy, who lets face it, is still only on loan.. is for me our most important player. When he doesn’t perform to his best (ie today), the team doesn’t quite tick.

Still a fan of GP, but find his anti transfer policy a little odd.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
If I’d just got an extended and improved contract in my job after just 4 months in the role, I’d toe the party line too!

He’s an intelligent man, he knows we need strengthening but isn’t openly going to say that in the media and undermine the current players as well as letting other clubs know how desperate we are!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
If I’d just got an extended and improved contract in my job after just 4 months in the role, I’d toe the party line too!

He’s an intelligent man, he knows we need strengthening but isn’t openly going to say that in the media and undermine the current players as well as letting other clubs know how desperate we are!

Correct. Doesn’t exactly doing exciting, revealing press interviews. More like listening to the Head of Geography telling you what time to be back on the bus.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
He continuously states we don’t need any improvements “externally”, it’s a reasoning that isn’t really backed up by any of the facts or general performances going back a year.

Surely a striker is needed. 36 year old Murray is not someone we should be relying on as an option.

And Mooy, who lets face it, is still only on loan.. is for me our most important player. When he doesn’t perform to his best (ie today), the team doesn’t quite tick.

What do you find odd about the transfer policy, we are no doubt looking at players however hardly likely to be telling all other clubs who we are looking at.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Have you tried writing an email to him :D

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
What do you find odd about the transfer policy, we are no doubt looking at players however hardly likely to be telling all other clubs who we are looking at.

You don’t think it’s odd that after 3 seasons in the Prem we’re still relying on Murray?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
You don’t think it’s odd that after 3 seasons in the Prem we’re still relying on Murray?

Murray who has not started a game this season ?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Man for man, we are superior to Sheff Utd in almost every position yet they have a better ‘team’ than us. Potter will see and know this; there is room for a huge gain with this squad using coaching alone.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Good managers keep this in-house. Whinging and politicking Mourinho and Poyet example exceptions.

But behind closed doors, I truly hope that Potter has made it plain that we desperately need a powerful CM and a striker, even if loans. Meekly towing the line would be disappointing.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Absolutely bizarre that Potter isn't that fussed about us strengthening this window.

I totally get the "addition by subtraction" theory, but genuinely I'd save that approach until Jan 2021.

Sing Fyodor Chalov.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I think (and hope) that things are going on behind the scenes.

Connolly was not effective against Villa, I think Maupay would look better either playing off Murray (or preferably new striker who can hold it up) or with Trossard and Ali J either side of him. Connonlly needs limited but regular time off the bench.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton

CH is an intelligent man and Potter is trotting out nearly word for word CH’s January transfer window club speak. Potter should be slightly concerned as CH went along with it and delivered his set goal and lost his job doing it

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

100% this - of course he’s not going to publicly state that parts of his current squad aren’t good enough and the club are prepared to blow a fortune on a couple of players.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
CH is an intelligent man and Potter is trotting out nearly word for word CH’s January transfer window club speak. Potter should be slightly concerned as CH went along with it and delivered his set goal and lost his job doing it

Without wishing to start the whole debate again.

How do you know CH delivered his set goal ?

The assumption is it was stay up ? But we didn’t improve on the season before so maybe that was his ‘set goal’

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Without wishing to start the whole debate again.

How do you know CH delivered his set goal ?

The assumption is it was stay up ? But we didn’t improve on the season before so maybe that was his ‘set goal’

Both Bloom and Barber publicly stated at the start of last season was for the club to be a Premier League team at the end of the season. They never stated what league position they wanted or how it was to be achieved. My view CH did just that

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Both Bloom and Barber publicly stated at the start of last season was for the club to be a Premier League team at the end of the season. They never stated what league position they wanted or how it was to be achieved. My view CH did just that

Obviously I get that.

But I’d imagine there was an expectation of improvement or even to repeat the previous season. I also expect that they would have other things they wanted which CH might not have achieved.

We got worse... a lot worse.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Obviously I get that.

But I’d imagine there was an expectation of improvement or even to repeat the previous season. I also expect that they would have other things they wanted which CH might not have achieved.

We got worse... a lot worse.

So did the signings that CH was expected to achieve any improvement with

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here