Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] MOTD

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Smug Eddie looks worse by the week in front of the cameras

I think he will be gone if Bournemouth lose on Tuesday.

I think you are right. His interview was almost the equivalent of Quique Sanchez Flores and Slave Bilic just before they lost their jobs. Almost as though they have been told they are going unless results turn immediately.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I think he will be gone if Bournemouth lose on Tuesday.

I think you are right. His interview was almost the equivalent of Quique Sanchez Flores and Slave Bilic just before they lost their jobs. Almost as though they have been told they are going unless results turn immediately.

That is a huge 'IF'. I hope we go there and show a bit more character than we did yesterday or we might just be the catalyst that gets Muff out of their woeful run and it may be Potter doing a Sanchez Flores/Bilic impression.

I was feeling confident at 2.59 yesterday, even 3.49 ... how quick that evaporated

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That is a huge 'IF'. I hope we go there and show a bit more character than we did yesterday or we might just be the catalyst that gets Muff out of their woeful run and it may be Potter doing a Sanchez Flores/Bilic impression.

I was feeling confident at 2.59 yesterday, even 3.49 ... how quick that evaporated

This.

Astonishing that Brighton fans feel we’ll just turn up at Dean Court and take the spoils. Other than changed teams in the FAC win, we’re always awful there, they raise their game. They’re fighting for their PL survival, have home advantage and we so very often play opponents back into form.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't often watch MotD. Did they describe Grealish's goal as 'magical'? That seems to be the line Sky Sports are going with:

https://www.skysports.com/football/brighton-vs-a-villa/408202 "Jack Grealish's stunning second-half equaliser" I didn't think Grealish did anything particularly special yesterday, his goal was a good finish to a quick counter attack, but a pretty standard goal. Not stunning and certainly not magic.

I know it takes a lot to impress me with goals, but it seems like it's being overrated. Or am I just being too 'hard to impress'?

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
.....and we so very often play opponents back into form.

This is so true. Teams who run out against us with zero morale always seem to be allowed to grow into the game, get confident, attack us - then bloody score...

We so often lack that 'put them to the sword' mentality which would no doubt get us many more points.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I don't often watch MotD. Did they describe Grealish's goal as 'magical'? That seems to be the line Sky Sports are going with:

https://www.skysports.com/football/brighton-vs-a-villa/408202 "Jack Grealish's stunning second-half equaliser" I didn't think Grealish did anything particularly special yesterday, his goal was a good finish to a quick counter attack, but a pretty standard goal. Not stunning and certainly not magic.

I know it takes a lot to impress me with goals, but it seems like it's being overrated. Or am I just being too 'hard to impress'?

It was Jack Grealish therefore it’s obligatory to describe anything he does as magical

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Would have been more magical if he'd not fluffed that chance - having done all the hard bit - just before we ran up the other end and scored :lolol:

Having said that tho, his goalscoring shot was somewhat BLISTERING. Fair play.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

I thought Grealish’s goal was superb. It really wasn’t an easy ball to hit, fantastic technique and on his weaker foot.

Might not be popular to say on here but I think he’s actually quite a special player. Should be in the England side and playing for a much better side than Villa.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I thought Grealish’s goal was superb. It really wasn’t an easy ball to hit, fantastic technique and on his weaker foot.

Might not be popular to say on here but I think he’s actually quite a special player. Should be in the England side and playing for a much better side than Villa.
Grealish is undoubtedly outstanding, even in the premier league. He is just so hard to like though.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Potter won't be going anywhere.

I get the impression he is the " Golden Boy " of Dan Ashworth presently.

No, not going anywhere of course but a loss at Muff could well have him struggling to find any kind pf positive words.

For 'us fans' a sense of deja vu will likely emerge. I'll stop short of 'season defining' but it wouldn't surprise me, one way or the other. One side will get a real shot of confidence whilst the other will undoubtedly take a huge body blow.

A win yesterday might have had us going into this game with a quite different attitude

Last edited:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

Trossard/Maupay/AJ/Connolly would have scored the same . . . . but we didn't have a player on the pitch who could/would cross the ball like that and/or a striker making that run. communication breakdown

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought that it was a well taken goal from Grealish who is a special player but it was poor defending by us as Webster was marking fresh air with nobody around him, Grealish did show the TYPE of midfielder we should be looking for, one who can defend and then 10 secs later be putting in a shot at the other end.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I thought that it was a well taken goal from Grealish who is a special player but it was poor defending by us as Webster was marking fresh air with nobody around him, Grealish did show the TYPE of midfielder we should be looking for, one who can defend and then 10 secs later be putting in a shot at the other end.

You mean like Solly March!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here