Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What's the atmosphere like where you sit?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Not a touch on the Priestfield days, all though significantly smaller numbers there was always an atmosphere maybe it was the die hards?

Only game that was equivalent for me was the 3-1 palace match

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Shout out to the teenager standing up and doing the double-wanker sign to Grealish... from the family stand. :ffsparr:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Actually thought the North sounded fairly lively Saturday with that long 'Barmy Army' chant. Good to hear. Atmosphere is decent where we are in the WSU - doesn't take much to get lively. A bit of singing sometimes. A fair few moaners but isolated thankfully and nothing that could be heard at pitch level. Seemed to be a bit of booing after the game from up the back... certainly sounded bad on the TV pictures I've seen from the final whistle.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I haven't had a season ticket since 2005. So just go when I can, atoms at Amex is as you'd expect for a modern stadia, corporate safe and pretty sterile. But it is a nice place.

We'll never have a Goldstone thing going ever again, the world has changed.

I know which I prefer.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Actually thought the North sounded fairly lively Saturday with that long 'Barmy Army' chant. Good to hear. Atmosphere is decent where we are in the WSU - doesn't take much to get lively. A bit of singing sometimes. A fair few moaners but isolated thankfully and nothing that could be heard at pitch level. Seemed to be a bit of booing after the game from up the back... certainly sounded bad on the TV pictures I've seen from the final whistle.

Wasn’t the booing aimed at the Villa players winding up Maupay ?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
W1D absolutely buzzing by our standards, some of the early leavers actually delayed their departure until the 4th official held up the board for the 4 minutes stoppage time, rather than leaving on 85 minutes as usual, Dedication at the highest level, and surely to be acknowledged by PB in his next programme notes.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
\My 2 Boys, 6 and 9 (strange names I know) and I sit in the North Section of the East Stand Lower; section E1A, The Family Section.
It has moments when it joins in the singing, when the North is singing I will almost always join, as a result some around me will join in also. If the North is quiet no one sings in our section. I wonder if I do everyone around’s head in as I will ALWAYS sing/clap with when the North Stand pipe up and as a result so will a few around me but for some reason most of the kids and adults don’t. I try and so do a few around me but sometimes you can feel a bit self-conscious when no one else around you joins in, not that it’s stopped me often. Like I say, I have a feeling I might be a pain in the arse to those around me but I’m getting behind the team.

I love singing at a football match and have done so since I was a kid singing at another Albion. (Stirling) it’s one of the best bits about going to a game, sod that, it’s one of the highlights of my week!!! It releases pent up crap from work, family and the world generally being a s**t place. For 90 mins I can sing and just think about the game but singing on your own isn’t easy when no one joins in. I s**t you not, at Stirling Albion some bloke used to bring a guitar! The sung Twist and Shout for ages. Guess what, that all died off when they moved to a new stadium and folk were told to sit down.

Basically if the North Stand is rocking some in our section will help out but if it’s quiet the majority are also quiet. I like where we sit, it’s the best option for atmosphere in the Family sections as it’s closest to the North where the noise comes from and we can join in. We are on the goal line and have had an amazing view of some magical moments. My boys are too small to stand all game and the additional cost of going elsewhere is why we are where we are. When my boys are older we’ll all be in the North Stand and hopefully we can add to the wall of sound.

Sadly Saturday was the norm, people started to drift away at 80 mins with all to play for and then the trickle became a stream etc. I don’t get it, just stay and cheer on the team, IT CAN HELP!!!!

I think nerves have a lot to do with the atmosphere taking a hit. The slump of last season seems to have traumatised some into jumping on the players backs when things aren’t going so well. When Albion concede the North used to give a loud rendition of ALBION, ALBION, but that seems to have died down. I think we all have to try and be positive and get behind the team as best we can. Saturday first half was better that it’s been for a while. Let’s build on that.

I do think a “Singing” section is the way forward but how the hell the club do it is beyond me.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
There isn’t a seat free for all at away games these days. Not with ticket sell outs. In the Premier league I have always stood in front of the seat on my ticket. More likely it is simply that standing is more conducive to making a noise or away crowds contain on average noisier supporters.

Wembley and Old Trafford are the only places I think I've actually been in front of my seat. Maybe it's because most of the northern games I get to aren't completely sold out - but no-one seems to bother looking at their tickets when walking up the steps, and all gravitate to where they want to be.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Crestfallen at the number of half n half scarves being worn yesterday. Shouldn’t we lobby for a by-law against the production, sale and wearing of this crap?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Couldn't believe the ESL emptied early again yesterday, it was 1-1 FFS, both teams going for it and we nearly scored with the last kick.
If that had gone in..... I mean what's the bloody point in going if you are going to leave early when the match is still very much alive ( or any time as far as I'm concerned)

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
It’s not all that bad where I am in front of the screen in the North. It was better than lately yesterday, constant singing for about 20-25 minutes, but the team didn’t respond.

Doesn’t surprise me regarding the NSK, but the fact I didn’t hear them hardly at all all game shows how much singing we were doing in our bit, that and the NSK aren’t as loud as they used to be. West Stand is nowhere near as loud as it used to be either. Sometimes I wonder where all the fans from the Championship days went, or can they just not make noise because of all the new fans who give them looks if they try to?

Support when the players come over to warm up before the game isn’t as loud as it used to be.

A big problem for me is that the back half make an noise, continuously, but the front half are sitting down doing **** all. It won’t rock until that changes.

I worry about the demographic, we are pricing out young working class fans who could be passionate and get behind the team. All the while we are in the PL, we are not going to have as many coming through. I think we are slowly going to become a bit Fulhamish, and we are probably already half way there.

I don’t want to get into ticket prices and such, Tony needs to make his money back in any way he can for what he’s done for us, but I’m just saying what’s happening.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Doesnt seem too poor from my north stand vantage point. Was a bit subdued yesterday though.
The only thing we can never work out is what the people under the police box are actually singing. We can see them bouncing about a bit but since whatever they are singing just bounces back onto themselves it never reaches us.
Any chance they could hold up some placards and let others know?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Saw about half a dozen in east lower. Very strange .......

There was a contingent of Belgians in the East lower who all were wearing half and halfs they'd had made especially. They'd come over from Club Bruges to support both teams as both have links with Bruges in some way (obviously we have Percy Tau, dunno about Villa).

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
E3E

Abysmal every single game, but so is every PL ground so we're not special.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

E3E is where it's at .... there's the occasional outburst of song, 2013, 2016 & 2017 and always a hearty rendition of Sussex by the Sea, the smell of warm bovril, a cacophony of tutting and the occasional disapproving look at Grealish, what's not to like?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here