Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What's the atmosphere like where you sit?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Like most of the ground a library

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Football is a business, Brighton & Hove Albion are a Limited Company, as harsh as it sounds their sole responsibility is to the shareholders, therefore it follows that the main aim is success on the pitch, globally exploiting the brand to increase fanbase (tourist, "true" and casual), protecting the brand and maximising TV revenues.

We live in a digital age, and the TV companies and their audiences are king, we earn around £9m from season tickets I'd guess and, let's say another similar amount from commercial activity outside of the TV rights, so about £18m. TV Rights are worth to Brighton are worth around £109m I think(?), so growing the global popularity of brand Brighton and increasing it's fanbase will increase this.

Football is a business, whether we like it or not and football tourism is a vital part of our global awareness and expansion ambitions.

As proved with this lovely advert at Gatwick a couple of years ago (not my pic...cant find mine)...It wasn't there in Dec

BHA GATWICK.jpg

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
WSU don't often begin songs but pick-up what the NS start and give it a boost. For e.g. you must have heard how loud "ALBION...ALBION..." can be when the WSU join in?

Where do you sit in the Amex?

I'm WSU towards the North Stand, there is definitely singing up there, we join in when there is a loud song coming from the North Stand.
I wouldn't say any songs are started in the WSU but I don't remember any songs being started in the West Stand at the Goldstone, or any main stand at other grounds I have visited.

Even if there is no singing in the WSU there is plenty of shouting and encouraging the team.

I stand in the middle of the North. If I’m honest I haven’t heard any noise from the WS, but presumably if everyone is joining in with the North then I’m unlikely to hear the rest over the noise around me.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Alright. I'll bite.

Smelly.

There, I've said it :shrug:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I stand in the middle of the North. If I’m honest I haven’t heard any noise from the WS, but presumably if everyone is joining in with the North then I’m unlikely to hear the rest over the noise around me.

:thumbsup:
Definitely sounds very loud in the WSU when we join in with a popular song the whole of the North Stand is singing.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
same, but towards the back. Rarely if ever hear other stands, but you can see that some are joining in, even if you can't hear. As you say, we're not likely to hear if we're singing anyway. Our part always sings, not much we can do about it if others don't join in. Do find it a bit frustrating when one side is singing one song, then the other side starts singing something different.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here