Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What's the atmosphere like where you sit?

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
Well what's it like in West upper, East Upper?

What fan types sit around you?

Still think away fans need to be placed next to the North in the East Lower. It has to happen to improve the sterile amex.

I'm North.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Unfortunately, the Amex honeymoon is well and truly over.
Massive game today and the majority of the crowd were just not up for it.
If we were winning 4 -0 after 20 minutes, you still have those who go for their half time pie and pint on 40 minutes and return 5 minutes after the 2nd half has started.
It's called modern day football and this will not change until we're back in the lower echelons of the football league.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Unfortunately, the Amex honeymoon is well and truly over.
Massive game today and the majority of the crowd were just not up for it.
If we were winning 4 -0 after 20 minutes, you still have those who go for their half time pie and pint on 40 minutes and return 5 minutes after the 2nd half has started.
It's called modern day football and this will not change until we're back in the lower echelons of the football league.

Think this is true.......massive numbers of tourists in WSL today. Wrong seats, selfies, filming the game on phones, picnics....and audible TUTTING when I loudly called Grealish a ****ing ****.

Think this is true.......massive numbers of tourists in WSL today. Wrong seats, selfies, filming the game on phones, picnics....and audible TUTTING when I loudly called Grealish a ****ing ****.

Jesus, I would have been tutted at around 50 times today then. If someone genuinely got annoyed at that, then why bother coming? We had a tourist in front of us, filmed the pre-match then danced to GOSBTS haha.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
NS Section D.

Loads arrived late, eg 6 blokes to my right piled in after 20 minutes. Even in the quality first half, people chatting about flat moving, the next pint, the next pie, hugging mates they hadn’t seen for a fortnight “Alwight mate”, backs turned to the football. Keep having to stand to let kids and their mums to go off to get yet more grub, then the pissheads disappear on 35/40 minutes to get the pints in.

The same every match.

The people of Sussex seem to have the attention span of a goldfish.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
NS Section D.

Loads arrived late, eg 6 blokes to my right piled in after 20 minutes. Even in the quality first half, people chatting about flat moving, the next pint, the next pie, hugging mates they hadn’t seen for a fortnight “Alwight mate”, backs turned to the football. Keep having to stand to let kids and their mums to go off to get yet more grub, then the pissheads disappear on 35/40 minutes to get the pints in.

The same every match.

The people of Sussex seem to have the attention span of a goldfish.

Amazes me how many seem to prefer buying overpriced Beer and food in preference to watching the football. First out for food/beer near me was 38mins, ten mins before first half finished!!

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Dire. North, block G. You can just about hear the NSK doing their own thing, you have a group to the left who insist on singing the Dunk song 3 times a game and are silent for the rest of it, and you have a pocket of people in front of the screen who sing the odd retro thing. Beyond that, mainly just people having a chat.

Atmosphere was better in the Championship even when we were a mid table side. Novelty has worn off. Don't think the NSK have helped.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Dire. North, block G. You can just about hear the NSK doing their own thing, you have a group to the left who insist on singing the Dunk song 3 times a game and are silent for the rest of it, and you have a pocket of people in front of the screen who sing the odd retro thing. Beyond that, mainly just people having a chat.

Atmosphere was better in the Championship even when we were a mid table side. Novelty has worn off. Don't think the NSK have helped.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

North stand block G. Strangely I had a different experience from you. Several long chants of blue & white, barmy army. At least three complete GOSBTS not including the teams coming out, the Dunk song, Aaron Mooy x 3, Maty Ryan song several times.
Admittedly it dropped off in the second half as the game got more tense, but certainly not as bad a picture as you’re painting.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Can be smelly. Depends what I had for breakfast.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The atmosphere in WSU where I sit is excellent

Are you a TOOL ?

Don't worry, who cares.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
North stand block G. Strangely I had a different experience from you. Several long chants of blue & white, barmy army. At least three complete GOSBTS not including the teams coming out, the Dunk song, Aaron Mooy x 3, Maty Ryan song several times.
Admittedly it dropped off in the second half as the game got more tense, but certainly not as bad a picture as you’re painting.

I sit in north block H and I thought It was good today for the 1st 30minutes and then second half faded unfortunately. There is only about 3 of us who try and get singing in our little area. As I said I thought was better today.

Jan 30, 2008
Well what's it like in West upper, East Upper?

What fan types sit around you?

Still think away fans need to be placed next to the North in the East Lower. It has to happen to improve the sterile amex.

I'm North.

Wont improve ,Barbers customer experience has killed it, Women, kids and OAP's seem to be the order of the day at the Amex

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
East Stand Upper block D is never that noisy but today it just subsided into a depressed whimper after half an hour. Pretty impressive synergy with what was happening on the pitch in fact.

Jan 30, 2008
How many times a season to you go to the Amex and when was the last time?

Palace , two seasons ago and no desire to return ,I could see the writing on the wall after Poyet departure,the whole experience is gash, plenty have jacked it in to be replaced with Barbers target customers
Regards
DF

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here