Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lewis Dunk's impending suspension

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Eigfht yellows for the skipper now. He's averaging one every two and a half games, give or take.

If he carries on at that rate, he'll pick up his tenth yellow against Palace and then miss Wolves (a) and Arsenal (h) before returning fresh and raring to go for the relegation dogfight.

In order to avoid a suspension, he has to pick up no more than one yellow card by the end of the 32nd game - Manchester United at home on 4th April.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
A few seasons ago he raced to nine, and then played something like the last 10 games without another. Which I felt shows that he can control himself when he needs to. Yes, some yellows are inevitable, but he can cut out the ones like today.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We are doomed. Relegated. Fact.

Or possibly not. Who knows.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
A few seasons ago he raced to nine, and then played something like the last 10 games without another. Which I felt shows that he can control himself when he needs to. Yes, some yellows are inevitable, but he can cut out the ones like today.

Indeed. Today's one was really silly as there was plenty of cover. Is it my imagination that of late if seems to have got a fondness for shirt tugging too?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

You may be thinking of 16/17 when he got his 10th on purpose away against Fulham so that one of his suspensions would be the following week’s cup game. We looked frail without him with Goldson and Duffy at centre back at PNE (losing 2-0), so I’m fairly sure that he was told to reign it in after that, even more so when Goldson was ruled out a couple of weeks later and Duffy broke his foot not long after that.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Lucky he did not get two yellows today, blatant shirt pull we could see from WSU the ref missed after already receiving a yellow

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Yellow today. The amnesty is after the Norwich game (?).

Possible bans : Man Utd/Norwich, Norwich/Liverpool, Liverpool/Man City.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I thought he only got a 2 game suspension if he got 10 yellows before game week 32? So avoid a yellow in the next 2 games and he's fine?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I hope he is not in any way going to adapt to this, cant play 90% just to avoid cards.
He's done it before, and it worked.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here