Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ***Player Ratings vs Villa***

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Can’t see one anywhere.......

6 - average

Disappointing second half after an okay-ish first half.

Ryan 6
Alzate 7
Bernardo 9
Dunk 6
Webster 7
Mooy 6
Stephens 8 - welcome back Dale
Propper 8
Trossard 6- well taken goal, but poor second half
Connolly 5 - struggling
Maupay 5 - just thought he was poor other than the goal assist. Terrible touch and weight of pass, got wound up too easily. Movement ordinary.

Montoya 6
Gross / Murray n/a

Potter 5 - for once did not react quick enough with subs, should have put 5 across the middle.

Pitch really poor. The watering pre game left puddles......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

6 - average

Ryan 6
Alzate 7
Bernardo 9
Dunk 6
Webster 7
Mooy 6
Propper 8
Connolly 5 - struggling
Maupay 5 - just thought he was poor other than the goal assist. Terrible touch and weight of pass, got wound up too easily. Movement ordinary.

Montoya 6
Gross / Murray n/a

Potter 5 - for once did not react quick enough with subs, should have put 5 across the middle.

Good opening set of ratings to be fair. Mooy was disappointing, Connolly was absolutely owned by Mings, Bernardo is a fantastic footballer. I think....I know, early days....Alzate will be one of the best players we’ve ever had.

Frustrating day.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Ryan - 6

Alzate - 7
Webster - 7
Dunk - 6
Bernardo - 8 - MOM

Mooy - 5
Propper - 6
Stephens - 6
Trossard - 6

Connolly - 4
Maupay - 6

Montoya - 5
Gross - 5
Murray - 5

Potter - 4 - his worst match for us so far. Poor team selection, subs and lack of reaction to what was happening.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Ryan 6
Alzate 7
Bernardo 8
Dunk 6 lucky to stay on the pitch for the outburst at the Lino the ball stayed in and also VAR would have corrected it
Webster 5 failed to intercept the ball for the goal poor position
Mooy 5 played in the wrong position by tinkerman
Stephens 7 his best game for a while
Propper 6
Trossard 6
Connolly 4
Maupay 5

Subs 5

Potter 4 need to vary our game, far too predictable always playing it short and far too slow in the transition

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Ryan - 6

Alzate - 7
Webster - 7
Dunk - 6
Bernardo - 8 - MOM

Mooy - 5
Propper - 6
Stephens - 6
Trossard - 6

Connolly - 4
Maupay - 6

Montoya - 5
Gross - 5
Murray - 5

Potter - 4 - his worst match for us so far. Poor team selection, subs and lack of reaction to what was happening.

Yes 100% agree with that....apart from Webster who I thought was a 6;

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
ryan - 7
alzate - 7 what is he doing playing RB - ridiculous
bernado - 7
dunk -7
webster 6
stephens - 7
propper - 6
trossard - 7
mooy - 4
maupay - 5
connolly - 3

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Maupay and Connolly were a 4 at best today. To be fair to them the service upto them was appalling, I think the rest of the team thought they were both 6ft plus. Mings loved it today as he had no one challenging him

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

6 - average

Ryan 6
Alzate 7
Bernardo 9
Dunk 6
Webster 7
Mooy 6
Propper 8
Connolly 5 - struggling

Montoya 6
Gross / Murray n/a

Spot on :thumbsup:

I did overhear a conversation on the way out of the stadium about how the first thing we needed to do was find a replacement for Stephens. WTF he was one of the better players today :shrug:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Ryan 7
Alzate 6
Webster 7
Dunk 6
Bernardo 8 MoM
Mooy 5
Stephens 7 -- much better game
Propper 7
Trossard 6 (8 first half, 4 second half)
Maupay 6
Connolly 4 -- not up to it, I'm afraid. Need to sign a striker this window.

Subs: n/a

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ryan 7

Alzate 6.5
Webster 5 (vulnerable)
Dunk 4 - (vulnerable, some positional blunders that would’ve had us screaming for the head of Webster or Burn)
Bernardo 8 MOTM

Stephens 6.5
Propper 6.5
Mooy - 5 (marked by 3 players, an impossible job)
Trossard 6.5

Maupay 4 (preoccupied by tussles with opponents)
Connolly 3

Gross 4
Murray 4
Jahanbakhsh 2 (couldn’t get into the match)

Potter 2 (a shocking second 45 from the Hughton School of Nothingness. A very poor and costly day at the office).

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Some ridiculously low scores for Maupay today, who was one of our better players in my view.

Ryan 6.5 - No chance for the goal. Okay otherwise.

Alzate - 6.5
Dunk - 6
Webster - 7
Bernardo - 8 (deserved MOM)

Stephens - 7
Propper - 7
Mooy - 6
Trossard - 6.5 (would have been lower but for his excellent goal)

Connolly - 5 (worked hard and forced one or two errors in first half, but sadly looks out of depth at the moment)
Maupay - 7.5 (great run in the lead up to the goal; excellent volley at the end which deserved a goal; tenacious and wore his heart on his sleeve but nearly took it too far)

Murray - 5.5 (largely anonymous when he came on)
Gross - 5.5 (ditto)
Montoya - 6

Potter - 5.5 - I remain a fan, but feel he got his subs wrong today.

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
Ryan 7

Alzate 6.5
Webster 5 (vulnerable)
Dunk 4 - (vulnerable, some positional blunders that would’ve had us screaming for the head of Webster or Burn)
Bernardo 8 MOTM

Stephens 6.5
Propper 6.5
Trossard 6.5

Connolly 3

Gross 4
Murray 4

Potter 2 (a shocking second 45 from the Hughton School of Nothingness. A very poor and costly day at the office).

Bit harsh giving AJ 2 when he spent 90 mins off the pitch! Thats taking scapgoating to a new level😂

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Spot on :thumbsup:

I did overhear a conversation on the way out of the stadium about how the first thing we needed to do was find a replacement for Stephens. WTF he was one of the better players today :shrug:

Madness - thought Webster had his best game for some time today.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
Ryan 7

Alzate 6.5
Webster 5 (vulnerable)
Bernardo 8 MOTM

Stephens 6.5
Propper 6.5
Trossard 6.5

Connolly 3

Gross 4
Murray 4

I also thought Ali j was poor.
Do not remember him doing anything of note.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
We drew with Aston Villa, how the hell are people giving 8's and 9's. Come on People.

Ryan - 5 - Beaten at his near post again.
Alzate - 7 - Excellent player.
Dunk - 6
Webster - 4 - A goal a game.
Bernardo - 7 - MOTM
Stephens - 6
Propper - 6
Mooy - 5
Trossard - 7 - Good movement, great finish.
Maupay - 6
Connolly - 4 - Poor game.

Montoya - 4
Gross - N/A
Murray - N/A

Potter - 2 - What the **** did he say to them at half time? The substitutions were ridiculous. Villa were there for the taking and he got it very wrong today.

Too much of today reminded me of the end of last season, we don't wisen up we may not be so lucky this year. Massive game Tuesday night at the Muff, luckily they only have their reserves availiable. Hoping for a reaction from todays disappointment, lose that and the pressure's really on.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
May I take the opportunity to point out something that may have not been obvious to all the fans today. Propper was outstanding. Grealish had room to influence the game just once and that was only after Mooy's unfortunate error which led to the goal. Other than that, Propper made sure that that Grealish was shackled throughout the match, by others or himself. He played superbly as a senior pro, repeatedly glancing at Grealish, every 15 seconds or so, measuring distances from the nearest Albion player, stepping in when needed and ensuring Grealish was never truly free to do any damage apart from the goalscoring opportunity. No wonder Mooy looked so mortified. The plan nearly worked perfectly and in my opinion made Propper a better choice for Man of the Match.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
May I take the opportunity to point out something that may have not been obvious to all the fans today. Propper was outstanding. Grealish had room to influence the game just once and that was only after Mooy's unfortunate error which led to the goal. Other than that, Propper made sure that that Grealish was shackled throughout the match, by others or himself. He played superbly as a senior pro, repeatedly glancing at Grealish, every 15 seconds or so, measuring distances from the nearest Albion player, stepping in when needed and ensuring Grealish was never truly free to do any damage apart from the goalscoring opportunity. No wonder Mooy looked so mortified. The plan nearly worked perfectly and in my opinion made Propper a better choice for Man of the Match.

Yep, he was outstanding.

I wouldn’t mark Maupay higher than Connolly, I thought both we equally poor for different reasons. Murray should have been on earlier, but Potter doesn’t rate him or whatever.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
May I take the opportunity to point out something that may have not been obvious to all the fans today. Propper was outstanding. Grealish had room to influence the game just once and that was only after Mooy's unfortunate error which led to the goal. Other than that, Propper made sure that that Grealish was shackled throughout the match, by others or himself. He played superbly as a senior pro, repeatedly glancing at Grealish, every 15 seconds or so, measuring distances from the nearest Albion player, stepping in when needed and ensuring Grealish was never truly free to do any damage apart from the goalscoring opportunity. No wonder Mooy looked so mortified. The plan nearly worked perfectly and in my opinion made him a better choice for Man of the Match.

First 45 - 100% spot on, Propper (with help) elimintated Grealish from the game, bar the time on the other flank where other players conspired to give Grealish a run in on goal.

Second 45 - Propper had run out of gas and did not do that. The Albion team gave Grealish the freedom of the Amex, Potter just stood there and allowed it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here