Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Stereo Underground - BBC Radio Sussex

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
This is an outrage! In fact, it's an absolute ****ing disgrace! Tonight BBC Radio Sussex has been hijacked, yes hijacked, and from 7pm instead of Radio Sussex and Stereo Underground, we've got BBC Radio Bumpkin/BBC Radio Solent coverage of Bournemouth v Palace instead!

I thought it was an ad at first .very disturbing .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Fortunately somebody got a grip of the crisis and Radio Sussex is back to normal. 5 minutes or so of radio hell there though.
Just a short listen for me, tonight

Generation X - King Rocker
David Bowie - Queen Bitch
The Damned - Nasty
Johnny Moped - Darling, Let's Have Another Baby
The Flying Lizards - Money
The Saints - River Deep Mountain High

That'll do.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I had this prog on earlier, only because Radio Sussex was tuned in on my DAB radio for the post match phone in.

In 30 minutes I heard XTC, John Foxx, The Cure’s brilliant A Forest and some other decent songs.

Happy days, loved it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Still the best thing about Saturday 3pm kick offs.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Very sad to hear tonight that September 2nd will be the last Saturday of Stereo Underground because of BBC local radio cutbacks. It will continue on BBC Radio Solent on a Wednesday between 2000-2200 and on BBC Sounds, but that's not the same. A sad day for 'SU' fans.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Very sad to hear tonight that September 2nd will be the last Saturday of Stereo Underground because of BBC local radio cutbacks. It will continue on BBC Radio Solent on a Wednesday between 2000-2200 and on BBC Sounds, but that's not the same. A sad day for 'SU' fans.
What? Why would they do that to the most popular bbc local radio show?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
That's a real shame. Haven't listened often, but when I have it's been absolutely excellent.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Boooooooooo

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

Even worse news now.

The last ever BBC Stereo Underground is at the end of the month, so 31st January.
BBC have totally dropped it, apparently will be available on Mixcloud after that.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Even worse news now.

The last ever BBC Stereo Underground is at the end of the month, so 31st January.
BBC have totally dropped it, apparently will be available on Mixcloud after that.
There's a real war on the BBC for government, if Labour win the election they need to reverse the rot

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Radio Sussex and Surrey at weekends, not sure about weekdays, seem to have had a complete clearout. Joe who presented the lovely Sunday morning gardening prog hinted last year that changes were on the cards.

What a shame. Out of the BBC’s total income, how much money has actually been saved from this wave of local radio cuts? Seems like the low hanging fruit to target under the radar.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I knew nothing about this show. This is on my list for the weekend now.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Radio Sussex and Surrey at weekends, not sure about weekdays, seem to have had a complete clearout. Joe who presented the lovely Sunday morning gardening prog hinted last year that changes were on the cards.

What a shame. Out of the BBC’s total income, how much money has actually been saved from this wave of local radio cuts? Seems like the low hanging fruit to target under the radar.
I appeared on a BBC South feature a few years back concerning a community project.

The reporter rocked up, he was camera, sound Engineer and presenter, talk about absolute minimal resources. I had to help the guy get all the gear out of his car.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here