Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Stereo Underground - BBC Radio Sussex

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is increasingly becoming the highlight of my Saturday.

Sure it's very Radio Bloke but the DJ still digs out some cracking tunes which cheers me up on the drive home.

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
Is increasingly becoming the highlight of my Saturday.

Sure it's very Radio Bloke but the DJ still digs out some cracking tunes which cheers me up on the drive home.

Haven't heard it. I haven't lived.

Please elaborate, or must I consult t'internet.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Must admit until recently apart from Albion I've never listened to anything on BBC Sussex, but this is good

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Undertones, etc sort of music. Worth a listen when driving on a Sat evening

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Haven't heard it. I haven't lived.

Please elaborate, or must I consult t'internet.

When the football coverage finishes after a 3pm Saturday game, on comes Stereo Underground. I’ve left it on most times I’ve listed to the commentary / afterchat and it’s blooming excellent!

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Another fan of Stereo Underground here. I even emailed in during a show in the Autumn to suggest a featured artist and Richard Latto read it out live on air and took up my suggestion 2 weeks later. :O

Nibbler

710 77345
Aug 12, 2014
Westdene
With the exception of John Peel (god rest his soul) this is probably the best radio show I have ever heard. Always plenty of gems on there, and often one or two I have never heard before. A good mix of rock, indie and alternative tunes. I love the way he'll play the occasional 12 inch versions that would otherwise never get played on the radio.

Please don't let it ever end.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I listened a few weeks back when driving as a surprise as the radio was still on BBC Sussex for one of our games. Thought it was excellent.

Didn't think to go to catch up to get more shows, great idea.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
I love this show too. I often email or text in. He read my text yesterday evening within minutes of me sending it.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Indoors tonight, give this show on Radio Sussex a go if you haven't already. It might not be your thing, but for me it's frankly now the highlight of my life as there's nothing else to do.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I'll give this another bounce. :bounce:

Because of the current goings on, all BBC local radio now is live 24 hours a day. This show, on tonight on Radio Sussex at 1800, is now on air for 4 hours. After 2 hours of the normal, indie/alternative rock classics, from 2000 last week there was a best of BBC local radio in the south unsigned live bands bit, then a pub quiz bit at 2100 - all sorts basically. Viewers emails and tweets get read out - the story of someone in Bexhill-On-Sea last Saturday afternoon walking around shopping singing 'Ghost Town' by The Specials and then a stranger walking out of a shop joining in, made me smile.

If you're stuck indoors tonight and you haven't done already, give it a bash - it's not the most listened to BBC local radio programme in the country for nothing. It's on BBC Sounds too.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
This is an outrage! In fact, it's an absolute ****ing disgrace! Tonight BBC Radio Sussex has been hijacked, yes hijacked, and from 7pm instead of Radio Sussex and Stereo Underground, we've got BBC Radio Bumpkin/BBC Radio Solent coverage of Bournemouth v Palace instead!

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Fortunately somebody got a grip of the crisis and Radio Sussex is back to normal. 5 minutes or so of radio hell there though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here