Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] PLEASE...PLEASE...Don’t boo our players today!

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
It’s a small minority, but the abuse Gaitan Bong received for the Massive game was absolutely unacceptable. I expect it at Burnley and other tinpot clubs, but it genuinely shocked me that we do it too.

If he’s not putting in the effort then I understand, but if a player just can’t cross, it doesn’t warrant getting on his back. That’s not how we motivate players, it makes them play WORSE. If we support players and sing their name they feel good and confident, and that’s where we want them. That’s how we win football matches.

So whatever happens today against Villa, if we don’t start off right, or if Dale misplaces a pass, don’t make your frustrations known on the pitch. It genuinely WILL effect the game, and I really want three points today. :albion2:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Booooooooooo

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
It’s a small minority, but the abuse Gaitan Bong received for the Massive game was absolutely unacceptable. I expect it at Burnley and other tinpot clubs, but it genuinely shocked me that we do it too.

If he’s not putting in the effort then I understand, but if a player just can’t cross, it doesn’t warrant getting on his back. That’s not how we motivate players, it makes them play WORSE. If we support players and sing their name they feel good and confident, and that’s where we want them. That’s how we win football matches.

So whatever happens today against Villa, if we don’t start off right, or if Dale misplaces a pass, don’t make your frustrations known on the pitch. It genuinely WILL effect the game, and I really want three points today. :albion2:
Well said. And if someone near you does it, remember to tell them to f off and go and watch Palace if they want

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 2719

I thought I heard some boos.

Are they mad, the result is not what we wanted, but we have two inexperienced forwards, how many other sides are in our position?

Booing them will just put more pressure on them, we want them to flourish, it's pointless.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
I really don't understand who would be booing our players. As if that's going to improve performances, these people are so so thick that it actually has the opposite effect. It damages confidence, players don't want to be out there, and makes beating us easier!
If you're one of those booing, take a look at yourself, are you really an albion fan?
Didn't think so!

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I really don't understand who would be booing our players. As if that's going to improve performances, these people are so so thick that it actually has the opposite effect. It damages confidence, players don't want to be out there, and makes beating us easier!
If you're one of those booing, take a look at yourself, are you really an albion fan?
Didn't think so!

Exactly this. Imagine being one of those fans who booed on the final whistle (and there were plenty). Sweet Jesus.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I am programmed to boo propper.

Sorry.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I thought I heard some boos.

Are they mad, the result is not what we wanted, but we have two inexperienced forwards, how many other sides are in our position?

Booing them will just put more pressure on them, we want them to flourish, it's pointless.
[MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] and I thought there were a few muted boos at the final whistle too.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I happened to follow Bong from the car park to the stadium today, and when there weren't a few hundred people, stewards, a wall and half a pitch between them no one seemed to want to boooo him at all.

Funny that when given the opportunity to tell him face to face, what they think of him as a player, so few take it ???

D

Deleted member 2719

[MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] and I thought there were a few muted boos at the final whistle too.

I have to say, I heard it on the radio, it appeared to be in the distance a bit, maybe Northwest corner???

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
After the match I thought it was people having a go at Grealish?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
After the match I thought it was people having a go at Grealish?

That's the thing about booing after the match. Nobody knows whether it's aimed at the match officials, this week's opposition pantomime villain or the team itself. If it's that unclear, maybe just best not do it eh?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Both barrels today. Most of them utter shit against a team that were dogshit.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Quite a few. Seemed to be West and especially North

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here