Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] TV and Box etc.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
As I have pointed out in previous posts my TV does not have HDMI, it does but they are broken, so will be buying a new TV and was reading all the specs etc. As regards the adaptor I notice on ebay they all say that they will not work HDMI to scart only scart to hdmi, obviously depending on which one you get to go which way but they will only go one way.

I'd keep away from HDMI to scart you will lose quality and sometimes it will only produce a 4:3 picture

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'd keep away from HDMI to scart you will lose quality and sometimes it will only produce a 4:3 picture

I wasnt going that way. I have a recorder box with loads of recordings on it and want to connect it up to my new TV when I get it to watch them and record others but it uses a scart at the moment so was going to get a a scart to HDMI adaptor to make it work.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I assume that people like me cannot just go onto Bein Sports to watch it without a firestick or whatever.

Yep. You've asked this several times over recent years and been told the same each time: Bein Sports doesn't broadcast (over air waves or online) to the UK. There are ways to circumvent this but they involve moody streams or vpns etc

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Not exactly true
See fire stick that is not a moody stream or VPN required.

Congratulations on winning Pedant of the Day! The certificate is in the post. :D

A firestick itself isn't but where does kodi or whichever app on the firestick get Bein from? A moody stream!

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2013
Downunder
My supplier says yes, because of the VPNS on the server. I have used my firestick as far away as Cuba and its always worked.....PS OPTUS sports has just been added to the service here.on firestick...very clear and no buffering.

My supplier will give you a six hour free trial so you can be sure BBC will work if you are interested ? PM me if you are

Thank you for the offer but I always manage to download Strictly eventually so I think I’ll stick with the VPN I’ve got.:thumbsup:

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
You don’t have to use a firestick, iptv apps are available on some tv app stores. I actually use my iptv through my Xbox. You can also buy cheap android boxes and sticks. However, the Firestick is very very easy.
Just a warning.. at the beginning of the football season, there was a throttling scheme from UK ISP’s. As soon as a streaming service was detected, the service was blocked. Many iptv services were advising using a VPN to get around the issue. However, this throttling was interfering with other legitimate uk services and the ISP’s have stopped this tactic. But the ISP’s just need to work on the technology a little and they will be able to isolate certain services. Just like Cccam came to an end in the uk, iptv will be attempted to be blocked by ISP’s.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Round and round and round

Im loving being rightly chastised for being an arse, at the weekend.
Now, two days later, I'm holding the door to the dark side open welcoming posters in. :lolol:.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
You don’t have to use a firestick, iptv apps are available on some tv app stores. I actually use my iptv through my Xbox. You can also buy cheap android boxes and sticks. However, the Firestick is very very easy.
Just a warning.. at the beginning of the football season, there was a throttling scheme from UK ISP’s. As soon as a streaming service was detected, the service was blocked. Many iptv services were advising using a VPN to get around the issue. However, this throttling was interfering with other legitimate uk services and the ISP’s have stopped this tactic. But the ISP’s just need to work on the technology a little and they will be able to isolate certain services. Just like Cccam came to an end in the uk, iptv will be attempted to be blocked by ISP’s.

Which is why a good supplier will have a VPN on their servers

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Which is why a good supplier will have a VPN on their servers

The throttling was from the isp to your router. If you run a vpn of any kind at your point of internet access, it should work. My iptv server offers free vpn to use at your point of access. All iptv servers have vpn at their point of broadcast.

I’m basically saying.. that the ISP’s are aware of iptv services and are investing significant time and money in trying to block them.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I assume that people like me cannot just go onto Bein Sports to watch it without a firestick or whatever.

Where would you go to Bein sports ? Answer an app on a firestick

Looking at TVs I notice a lot now do not have scart lead connection for me to connect my recorder box to it but assume you can connect a scart lead via a converter to the HDMI ports.

No they don't, nothing uses scart any more apart from old technology you may still have. Yes you can get a converter but were not cheap last time I looked

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Where would you go to Bein sports ? Answer an app on a firestick

No they don't, nothing uses scart any more apart from old technology you may still have. Yes you can get a converter but were not cheap last time I looked

under £10 on ebay. My recorder box may connect in some other way I havent looked or rather asked son to have a look. On the subject of Bein Sports I have Nord VPN would that work if I set it as being in Spain or Cyprus or similar,

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I gave up my ST last year and haven't regretted it at all. More hours in the day to do other things, then tuning in at 2.55 to Radio Sussex commentary...plus the occasional TV game on Sky. Does for me.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
[/B]

under £10 on ebay. My recorder box may connect in some other way I havent looked or rather asked son to have a look. On the subject of Bein Sports I have Nord VPN would that work if I set it as being in Spain or Cyprus or similar,

A lot of the time bein sports is in Arabic... with the fire stick you will have the choice of several channels with English Commentators

Stop keep worrying about Bein and VPN’s

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A lot of the time bein sports is in Arabic... with the fire stick you will have the choice of several channels with English Commentators

Stop keep worrying about Bein and VPN’s

I know the route that I am going to take in the next couple of weeks but was thinking about tonights game. If anybody finds a decent stream without using a firestick or similar I would be grateful to receive a pm.

boik

I know the route that I am going to take in the next couple of weeks but was thinking about tonights game. If anybody finds a decent stream without using a firestick or similar I would be grateful to receive a pm.

Already posted on the matchday thread. At kick off, work your way through the list until you find one that you like.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Apologies if this hasn't already been mentioned but you could move to canada & get a Canadian address & bank account, & Canadian paypal account & sign up to dazn & then move back to the uk & use a vpn to watch every premier league game live or on playback. It costs about £15 a month after set up costs (less if you pay annually upfront). But they do have the premier league for the next 3 years, so it should be worth the effort

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here