Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Aston Villa *** Official Match Thread ***

Elipsis

Sep 14, 2019
I’m afraid Potter is showing his naivety and his short comings at this level. I do think, with the right players he will be fine but needs to adapt to the players ability levels he has now. The squad is not good enough though and staying up will be a close run thing!
Agree. He is starting to appear a bit out of his depth at this level. Definitely needs to have a plan B and realise that there is a time for pretty football and a time for a more direct and pragmatic approach, especially with a largely inherited squad.

Sent from my 5039D_EEA using Tapatalk

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
It does show how far the club has risen in recent years, that we are all pissed off that we haven't blown a club like Aston Villa away with ease.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
It does show how far the club has risen in recent years, that we are all pissed off that we haven't blown a club like Aston Villa away with ease.

But they're bloody awful despite being a traditionally big club. You could have said that when we were in L1 with Leeds

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Villa, Sunderland and Newcastle have all dropped in recent years, after being as shite as Villa this season.

We played their very average 2020 team, not the Villa of 40 years ago when they were very good for 2 seasons.

We had a decent chance of a home 3 points and didn’t take it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We have lacked a clinical striker since our first season in the Premier League, unless this is addressed we will continue to be average and to be honest relying on three teams being worse than us every season.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Brighton & Hove Albion vs Aston Villa *** Official Match Thread ***

One of the most concerning things for me today was the complete and utter lack of width we are playing with. More worrying is I don’t see anyone in the squad who can even play as a winger other than Trossard who always wants to cut in. Any opposition manager must be finding it ridiculously easy to put a game plan together to play us. Crowd the midfield as we’ll be narrow and a high press to put us under pressure and we look pretty much done.

The squad really does look lacking in many areas all of a sudden. 2 weeks to try and bring in some better bodies to save our season.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
One of the most concerning things for me today was the complete and utter lack of width we are playing with. More worrying is I don’t see anyone in the squad who can even play as a winger other than Trossard who always wants to cut in. Any opposition manager must be finding it ridiculously easy to put a game plan together to play us. Crowd the midfield as we’ll be narrow and a high press to put us under pressure and we look pretty much done.
When did we last have a winger who didn't want to cut in?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Brighton & Hove Albion vs Aston Villa *** Official Match Thread ***

I mean cut in and naturally want to play a more central position rather than out wide. AK and Jose Isquerdo offered far more width and played as typical wingers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here