Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] 'Afters' at the Amex?

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Here's a novel experience for me - I plan to hang around at the Amex after the game tomorrow for a bit of food and drink.
I've not done that before (yes I know, bad fan - but equally I have not left before the final whistle either!).

So, the question is, is there food as well as booze available in the concourse after the game for an hour or so?
As a reminder, which stand has the best selection of food (my seat is East Upper, but I keep hearing of strange and exotic delights available in other parts of the ground).
Finally, how long do the busses keep running to the Race Hill?

It just seems sensible to stay and (hopefully) celebrate a winning performance at the Amex, rather than rush into town and try to find somewhere for a bite to eat before the show.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Here's a novel experience for me - I plan to hang around at the Amex after the game tomorrow for a bit of food and drink.
I've not done that before (yes I know, bad fan - but equally I have not left before the final whistle either!).

So, the question is, is there food as well as booze available in the concourse after the game for an hour or so?
As a reminder, which stand has the best selection of food (my seat is East Upper, but I keep hearing of strange and exotic delights available in other parts of the ground).

It just seems sensible to stay and (hopefully) celebrate a winning performance at the Amex, rather than rush into town and try to find somewhere for a bite to eat before the show.

Canapés and Horlicks in ESU ...would you like to join our chess club too?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If you are going for "afters" post match I suggest not at the Amex as completely covered by CCTV.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean

All concourses continue to sell booze and food after the game, needless to say the food is only available while stocks last as I think they stop cooking anything after half time. I’m in West Upper but sat in West Lower for the Sheff Wed cup game and they had loads of pies left after the game and started knocking them out at £2 a pie or 3 for £5 to get rid of them - it was like a scene from the Apprentice !!!

Last bus back to the Race Hill is around 6.15 to 6.30pm

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Thanks all for the advice.
North Stand it is then, and I shall be demanding three pies for a fiver :)
Let's hope that there is a result worth raising a glass to !!!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I saw this thread and thought it was about after the game today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here