Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Fridat pre Villa Drinkies Thread

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Just one of these for me tonight. A present amongst other Belgian beers the landlady from the pub next door gave to me for Christmas.

Attachments

• chimay-blue-grande-reserve.jpg
    chimay-blue-grande-reserve.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 60

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Two pints of Harvey's after a bike ride. Longman American Pale Ale at home. It's decent but Dark Star takes some beating.

Hophead Azacca is a new one out. I’m visiting the brewery soon. I hate my job. :smile:

Tonight I’m having a couple of Pilsner Urquell

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Urquell was one of the first Czech bottled beers I bought back in mid-80's. Delicious.

I think it’s the most underrated beer my company owns. They never really promote it and are now removing in tanks in preference to Meantime. They’ll never sell it as it has a great reputation in Europe.

Taking the licence off Molson Coors to brew Grolsch though is a great move, watch this space. Proper Grolsch is lovely

Last edited:

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
3 pints of Kronenberg in White Lion Aldeburgh, now sitting with a glass of Port watching the sensational Alex Harvey band on YouTube

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Nice, comforting bottle of red

Pickles

May 5, 2014

I had the Welsh red recently, as my son got me quite a few crafts for Crimbo.

I'll be honest and say my palette doesn't like the reds, but on this occasion , that was a cracker!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Tell me more of these " Oak smoked " Sloes of which you speak ..... I have a Smoker :thumbsup:

So do I, although without wishing to boast, mine is 6,000 sq feet!

Yes, scavenged a few sloes and cold smoked them for 48 hours.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
So do I, although without wishing to boast, mine is 6,000 sq feet!

Yes, scavenged a few sloes and cold smoked them for 48 hours.
Was that whole or did you pop the seeds out and do them on their own? Yes, you do have the bigger smoker, I'm assuming this is a professional setup?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Was that whole or did you pop the seeds out and do them on their own? Yes, you do have the bigger smoker, I'm assuming this is a professional setup?

Whole then popped but were later told this is the wrong way!

Yes a professional set up but a good development kitchen for little projects such as the sloe gin competition in my local pub!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Whole then popped but were later told this is the wrong way!

Yes a professional set up but a good development kitchen for little projects such as the sloe gin competition in my local pub!
I did a brief foraging masterclass abd was told that the actual flavour of Sloe Gin comes from the seed at the centre as it starts to break down. However, I'm pretty sure the colour of the Gin comes from the skin, so, prob best to use an Olive de seeder to get them out and smoke while keeping the fruit in the freezer until ready to add it all together.... Ps, Raspberry Gin is even better than Sloe Gin! I will deffo try smoked Sloe Gin though.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I did a brief foraging masterclass abd was told that the actual flavour of Sloe Gin comes from the seed at the centre as it starts to break down. However, I'm pretty sure the colour of the Gin comes from the skin, so, prob best to use an Olive de seeder to get them out and smoke while keeping the fruit in the freezer until ready to add it all together.... Ps, Raspberry Gin is even better than Sloe Gin! I will deffo try smoked Sloe Gin though.

We've tried vanilla infused (don't go there) and I'll give the raspberry a go after we've tried smokin' the JD!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here