Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Keep Ring of Fire as the pre kick off music or not?

Do you want to keep Ring of Fire as the Pre Kick Off Music?

• Yes, keep it

Votes: 89 41.0%
  • No, ditch it

Votes: 128 59.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
To quote this thread, https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?377700-Swansman-quot-vs-quot-Paul-Barber

"Many supporters feel that "Ring of Fire" is perhaps not the best pre-match music".

Barber commented: "we review our match day build-up and music choices before every season. It doesn’t just have to work for fans in the stadium, it has to work with our players and coaches’ requirements too, and also fit with strict timings determined by the Premier League and its broadcast partners. I agree that it is time to re-fresh it soon, and I’m sure that will happen in the summer ahead of our 10th anniversary season at the Amex."

What do you think?

Last edited:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Change it. I don't like it

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Please please PLEASE no pre-match music for 30 seconds before kick off. Let the fans generate the atmosphere, stop trying to manufacture it. I'm certain it would then translate into a better atmosphere during the game, as the fans would already be in voice.

Also, the fact they often kick off while Ring of Fire is still going leads to the kick off - one of the best bits of a Saturday afternoon - feeling shoddy and a bit "oh, we've started?"

Bin it.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I would like Europe "The final countdown"

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Nah it gets the stadium rocking until the ref blows the whistle to start the game, then it goes quiet again.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I voted yes to keep it, but only because I fear the club will come up with an alternative that is worse. If I thought they could drop it and leave it with silence I'd vote yes to ditch it.

I'm struggling to think of anything i'd rather have. Maybe the Da Vinci Code tune?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Had its time but let move on. Nothing other than GOSBTS once the teams are out.

Don't forget they have to play that Premier League durge as well. Now that really is an atmosphere killer.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Keep it as I've heard so much worse at away grounds. Its a bit tin pot but thats modern football

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Might as well keep it.

The last thing we need is 30 more seconds of silence.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

As posted on another thread, my choice would be this (40 seconds in)

Really liked that!
I'm fairly ambivalent about this stuff normally.. always makes me feel "meh".. that would be different, for a while anyway..

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The original intention was a silent PA and they tried it, way back when. The silent crowd dictated it was probably better to have something to keep the place buzzing. Maybe worth a try again but I'm not convinced that we would be rewarded with the cauldron of noise some seem to expect....

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here