Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Trossard article in Metro today

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
He seems to be a bit ahead of himself in these interviews. It's good to have belief but in every interview he talks about playing at a level above Brighton. I'm not saying that he can't, he's definitely got a special talent and can produce the extraordinary, but so could Knocky. I think he should really prove himself at this level first. More importantly, has anybody tried the Belgian fries and are they any good?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
He seems to be a bit ahead of himself in these interviews. It's good to have belief but in every interview he talks about playing at a level above Brighton. I'm not saying that he can't, he's definitely got a special talent and can produce the extraordinary, but so could Knocky. I think he should really prove himself at this level first. More importantly, has anybody tried the Belgian fries and are they any good?

I think a lot of players will see us a stepping stone to the bigger clubs just the natural order of things and I recall Locadia saying similar things when he joined. It is a whole different matter proving you can make that next step but reality is any player who shows top 4 quality ultimately will end up with those clubs.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yes he is a decent player, but i am not that enamoured with him.

Preferred Neil smilie.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think a lot of players will see us a stepping stone to the bigger clubs just the natural order of things and I recall Locadia saying similar things when he joined. It is a whole different matter proving you can make that next step but reality is any player who shows top 4 quality ultimately will end up with those clubs.

What I (and Mr Bloom) really want to hear from the new signing is:-

'I really hope I'm good enough for Brighton'.

I'll never get why Albion fans pull players up on this.
It just makes no sense.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Agree, shouldnt be talking about that stuff, regardless if its his "dream" or not.

About the fries - yes, they good.

Belgium is mainly known for being world class in chocolate and pedophilia, but their beer and fries should get more attention.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010

But many would criticise players who don't have confidence in their own ability and a bit of ambition! You can't be naive in not accepting players will move to bigger club's, if they have performed well for us and we get a good offer.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
But many would criticise players who don't have confidence in their own ability and a bit of ambition! You can't be naive in not accepting players will move to bigger club's, if they have performed well for us and we get a good offer.

I'm not naive, I'm yet to be convinced that he is or will be above our level though. He can certainly produce occasional magic but I don't think he has proved himself overly exceptional yet for a #TeamLikeBrighton. Once he has done this for a prolonged period, and he very well may, then I would understand him voicing his ambition so often. There are a lot of very good players in the Premier League at our level and in the Championship too.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm not naive, I'm yet to be convinced that he is or will be above our level though. He can certainly produce occasional magic but I don't think he has proved himself overly exceptional yet for a #TeamLikeBrighton. Once he has done this for a prolonged period, and he very well may, then I would understand him voicing his ambition so often. There are a lot of very good players in the Premier League and below.

As you don't understand him voicing his ambitions I take it you only have (had in my case) ambitions for yourself after you've proved yourself at that particular level.

That's odd.
I'd guess most people think 'In x years I'm going to be ...'.

By your logic, he should wait x years and then say 'right now I'm better than this, I need to move up to somewhere else'.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
As you don't understand him voicing his ambitions I take it you only have (had in my case) ambitions for yourself after you've proved yourself at that particular level.

That's odd.
I'd guess most people think 'In x years I'm going to be ...'.

By your logic, he should wait x years and then say 'right now I'm better than this, I need to move up to somewhere else'.

It's regrettable that I've had to read one of your posts when I usually skip straight past them.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Player needs to produce the goods on a regular basis. A few sublime touches for sure, some of them game changing, but overall far too flimsy at this level at this moment. Massive potential tho. Could maybe even one day become as good as he thinks he is.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Player needs to produce the goods on a regular basis. A few sublime touches for sure, some of them game changing, but overall far too flimsy at this level at this moment. Massive potential tho. Could maybe even one day become as good as he thinks he is.

I agree. If he wants to use us as an upward stepping stone, he's going to have to command the ball and take over games for a bit. I like him, but sporadic efficacy isn't part of an individual's rise to the top.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Articles don’t win you games, performances do. Let’s see some more high level, consistent performances from Trossard.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I'd like to see him run at players in the box more. He's a tricksy player, so is likely to win penalties - but it seems to me as though when he gets the ball near the box, he often runs sideways or backwards to try and create space.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
"I want to develop here and try to maybe take a bigger step but at the moment I just want to do well here with Brighton"

Can't make it much clearer, especially as the question was more than likely something along the lines of, "How far do you think you can go in your career?". What else is a player supposed to say?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here