Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Good British TV series & movies?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
While I've always liked a lot of British music, I've always had something of a disdain (is that a word?) for British TV-series and movies, possibly traumatised by my mother watching EastEnders and Emmerdale and shit... sure I had a hate-love relationship to Mr Bean as a kid and I've enjoyed some classic movies like The Full Monty and Trainspotting, but generally speaking I've not explored this jungle. And I was sort of a James Bond freak for a lot of years but that film series is quite... (swearing in church) American.

Suggestions would be nice.

I have a pretty broad taste but lower-than-normal enthusiasm about crime/sci-fi stuff and "typical British comedy" makes me throw up - I would have ****ing hated the Monty Python movies... if they werent so ****ing brilliant.

I have a sweet spot for portrayals of rather normal lives with special flavours... I dont fancy the "ohh, will he get the girl or not" predictable stuff, but more of the "how is this wild road trip to Bristol gonna turn out for this perfectly normal human" stuff.

Well.. nough.. just bring me your best!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A foreigner will never get The Detectorists.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Great British movies:

Sexy Beast
Lock Stock & Two Smoking Barrels
Snatch
Layer Cake
The Long Good Friday
This Is England

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Shane Meadows is a great British director. Dead Mans Shoes is gritty and worth a watch.

I will go further and say this is the best British film I’ve seen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here