Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Question Time

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
First Gervais and now this. Don’t say common sense has finally arrived in show-business.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
What did cause the media's bizarre attacks on Markle?

meghan.jpeg

EN6VKwDWsAAbGJ8.jpeg

EN6CBzFXUAAxZOo.jpeg

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
I do wonder what the average black person makes of the whole MM thing. She might be mixed race, but her appearance (for want of a better word) isn’t particularly black, and I doubt she’s gone through much of the shit that many black people are subjected to in their lives.

Awaits flaming.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Thought that watching last nights QT how well Laurence Fox came across with his short sharp meaningful answers and always to the point. Also thought the Tory minister sounded like a female version of Boris with her views and the way she expressed them.

Career ending point of view from Mr Fox.

BTW, You want to see what he says about the 'woke' culture.

Skip to 6.40.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIv77x7Z5ic

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
One of my New Year's Resolutions was to stop watching political shows that irritate me, so I've binned off QT and also The Pledge on Sky News.

Apart from the fact Fiona Bruce is a shocking presenter I'm sick of three and a half years of Brexiteer bullshit - all words, no action or positive outcomes as yet. Piers Morgan, Carol Malone, Nick Ferrari, Julia Hartley-Brewer, Isabel Oakeshott, Tim Martin - these idiots are everywhere.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Dunno, because they’re usually so nice about the royals and other celebrities and never have a bad word to say about any of them.

I may well have missed it as I don't watch UK TV or pay attention to the tabloids, but have other royals received similarly negative coverage?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I do wonder what the average black person makes of the whole MM thing. She might be mixed race, but her appearance (for want of a better word) isn’t particularly black, and I doubt she’s gone through much of the shit that many black people are subjected to in their lives.

Awaits flaming.

I think people of all colours are perplexed about the UK at the moment.

D

Deleted member 22389

I may well have missed it as I don't watch UK TV or pay attention to the tabloids, but have other royals received similarly negative coverage?

No they haven't. Think they have been hard on her, no surprises they wanted out, but I can't see anything racist going on here.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Dunno, because they’re usually so nice about the royals and other celebrities and never have a bad word to say about any of them.

Foreign, independent-minded and with a lazy man's redolence of the Duchess of Windsor. But mainly foreign.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
One of my New Year's Resolutions was to stop watching political shows that irritate me, so I've binned off QT and also The Pledge on Sky News.

Apart from the fact Fiona Bruce is a shocking presenter I'm sick of three and a half years of Brexiteer bullshit - all words, no action or positive outcomes as yet. Piers Morgan, Carol Malone, Nick Ferrari, Julia Hartley-Brewer, Isabel Oakeshott, Tim Martin - these idiots are everywhere.

I'm quite happy enough to dive into the weekly NSC 'day after QT' thread to reinforce my decision never to watch it again. It's totally shit in every way.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I still believe that the problem with her is Harry being a minor royal and she not being the star. She married the wrong brother and had she married William and eventually become The Kings wife there would have been no problem. I think Harry is going to Canada to save his marriage. Not sure what makes me think that , just the impression that I get.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
I liked the question "Who should be Labour leader?" LF said that in his opinion Keir Starmer would be their best bet. Chakabarmy sitting next to him jumped in with "What about one of the women?"
LF says "Creepers Jeepers" does that have to come into every question these days. If you want a woman leader, have one, but I was asked who I thought was best. It should be the best person not about their race or women only."

Also I liked the gentleman who accused Chakabarmy of being a privileged Baroness to which she replied "I may be a Baroness but am not privileged."
In my opinion if that means your job is signing in, in the morning, collect £300, and then feel free to go back home, then that is privileged. Nobody in that audience had such privilege!!!

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Kate got a LOT of stick at the beginning of her time with William - her parents were seen as interfering/too much involvement etc. but she got on with her job, her duty.

She (and Megan) didn't have to marry into the Royal Family - Harry and William had no choice.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014

Fergie did and actually Diana up until she died, then the columnists slagging her off were suddenly saying how marvellous she was.

Koo Stark took a battering too and she was just dating Andrew not (thankfully for her) married to him.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I think where Fox is coming from is that all the talk of racism is painting a picture that the whole country is racist and that clearly isn't the case.

Is there a racist element to the treatment of Meghan? You'll have to ask the editor of the mail but they certainly seem to treat her completely different to Kate and it is difficult to come up with any other reason!

Personally think Harry and Meghan are doing the right thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here