Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Question Time

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Thought that watching last nights QT how well Laurence Fox came across with his short sharp meaningful answers and always to the point. Also thought the Tory minister sounded like a female version of Boris with her views and the way she expressed them.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Thought that watching last nights QT how well Laurence Fox came across with his short sharp meaningful answers and always to the point. Also thought the Tory minister sounded like a female version of Boris with her views and the way she expressed them.

Sounds terrifying. Surely one Boris is more than enough for the world.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

Does she have a name?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
So had a look on Twitter to see what he said. Apparently told a woman of colour that her accusations of racism were boring and then accused her of racism. Looked at who the OP was. Standard.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Fox looked bored by the whole thing, like it was all a bit beneath him, and said little of any substance. I thought he came across as a bit of a prick.

As for that utter nonentity Whately - she just waffled and waffled, spouting unmitigated meaningless BOLLOCKS all night. Toeing the party line to an excruciating level. "Off the back of in real terms a 63% cut in investment since 2010, what will the Tories do for Liverpool ?"

Whately: "Well since the election last month, I've visited Liverpool twice...." aaaaaaannnnd ??
We then just got more numbers plucked out of the sky, general waffle and vague promises that had everyone rolling their eyes. Utter vacuous, and so dense the light was bending around her (thanks Malcolm).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So had a look on Twitter to see what he said. Apparently told a woman of colour that her accusations of racism were boring and then accused her of racism. Looked at who the OP was. Standard.

You should be ashamed of yourself. :lol:
I didn't need Twitter to tell me the cut of Mr Fox's jib.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
You should be ashamed of yourself. :lol:
I didn't need Twitter to tell me the cut of Mr Fox's jib.
I genuinely had no idea who he was. Still not entirely sure as there was weird stuff about Billie Piper and him turning far right after a break up or some such nonsense.

https://twitter.com/thedalstonyears/status/1218103439798022144

Although I did like the comment that he confused playing a smart man on TV with being a smart man - which is known as Kelsey Grammar Syndrome. :smile:

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
The female panellists on Politics Live today basically said that if Meghan thought it was racist, then it was. We have to respect her "lived experience".

All sounds loopy to me, but then I too am a privileged white Male so WTF do I know.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009

Oh come on, although I didn't watch the programme, I have seen the clips and he was refuting the claim that the Meghan business was all about racism.
Well in the opinion of many it wasn't and isn't anything to do about racism. (idiot trolls excepted) There is absolutely nothing wrong in making that point. The woman then proceeded to come out with the oft' quoted 'you are a white priveleged male' and he replied saying he can't help what he is and what you are saying is in effect racism, itself.
Hardly controversial or 'Oh my God'!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Oh come on, although I didn't watch the programme, I have seen the clips and he was refuting the claim that the Meghan business was all about racism.
Well in the opinion of many it wasn't and isn't anything to do about racism. (idiot trolls excepted) There is absolutely nothing wrong in making that point. The woman then proceeded to come out with the oft' quoted 'you are a white priveleged male' and he replied saying he can't help what he is and what you are saying is in effect racism, itself.
Hardly controversial or 'Oh my God'!
Indeed. That woman in the audience was being racist towards him, which is a bit ironic given her overall point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here