Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Controversial opinions

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Shamelessly stolen from another board.

This is a thread where you can come in and get a football related controversial statement off your chest. Maybe something that you have decided against posting elsewhere in fear of a backlash from other posters. Maybe something you have thought of but there isn't a relevant thread and it would take it of topic. Possibly an unpopular opinion on something that you feel most posters would disagree with. This is the thread to let it out.

A kind of NSC safe space.

I’ll start......

Locadia would work well with Trossard under Potterball.

We don’t need a new striker in January as Murray can still 'do a job'.

A drum would be a good addition to the NS.

Connolly isn’t a rough gem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Potter just doesn't convince me long term

Connolly is massively overrated. Not good enough for me.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I would never START Stephens and Propper in the same midfield ever again, they are both too ‘one paced’ and it means we have too little dynamism in midfield, its one or the other for me, as Propper is the better player IMO then Stephens is benched.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Chasing promotion to the Premier League is way more fun than being in it. Not sure that that's that* controversial.

*is three thats in a row ok??

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I am a bit pissed at the club for replying to my email about buying tickets for the couple of games that I was over from Australia for, isn't possible because I don't have any priority points ( a little hard to accumulate from here.

All the support I gave the club through the dark times has apparently expired.

I can see on social media plenty of people who took the piss out of me for supporting Brighton in those days happily taking their kids along to games now. They wouldn't have stepped foot in the Goldstone, Priestfield or the Withdean and didn't spit on us when we were on fire (metaphorically speaking) back then.

I didn't expect anything else and I will get tickets for the games somehow through friends or family. It has just irritated me a bit.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I am a bit pissed at the club for replying to my email about buying tickets for the couple of games that I was over from Australia for, isn't possible because I don't have any priority points ( a little hard to accumulate from here.

I can see on social media plenty of people who took the piss out of me for supporting Brighton in those days happily taking their kids along to games now. They wouldn't have stepped foot in the Goldstone, Priestfield or the Withdean and didn't spit on us when we were on fire (metaphorically speaking) back then.

I didn't expect anything else and I will get tickets for the games somehow through friends or family. It has just irritated me a bit.

What games? How many tickets do you need? I'm sure NSC is big enough to find a solution

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
What games? How many tickets do you need? I'm sure NSC is big enough to find a solution

Man United and Liverpool (I certainly timed it didn't I?:mad:), I am looking for two tickets for me and my boy (15) to sit together.

My dad is a season ticket holder, would he be able to do anything through that? ?(He's having a heart op at the moment so I am not asking him to phone and find out). Got mates who are 1901 members too?

If anyone has any advice, that would be brilliant.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Man United and Liverpool (I certainly timed it didn't I?:mad:), I am looking for two tickets for me and my boy (15) to sit together.

My dad is a season ticket holder, would he be able to do anything through that? ?(He's having a heart op at the moment so I am not asking him to phone and find out). Got mates who are 1901 members too?

Have you emailed Paul Barber, rather than 'the club'? He is quite good at respoding to situations like this, especially if you really lay it onwith the details of your history of support.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Have you emailed Paul Barber, rather than 'the club'? He is quite good at respoding to situations like this, especially if you really lay it onwith the details of your history of support.

Is that right? I'll give it a whirl.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Completely with you. Mr Barber has absolutely no concern for PR on this issue. Had a, probably, very similar email before we went back last September. Told to join the oversea fans bit, which was never gonna help for an away day at Stamford Bridge. Thank fxxk for my friends!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Its high time Leon Best was included in our Hall of Fame...

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

So,options are borrowing someone else's season tickets, your dad getting "season ticket holder guest" tickets or buying tickets on the exchange last minute. With the guest tickets there is likely to be high demand but possible with some planning. Look up when those matches go on sale for season ticket guests and log in as soon as they're on sale and you should be OK.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is that right? I'll give it a whirl.

I wouldn't worry the big man about it, or sweat it for yourself.

Your dad will be able to buy 1 ticket, when they're released.

If he calls the ticket office, instead of online, explains the situation, they'll sell him another, almost, almost, GUARANTEED.

Your bigger headache will be getting 2 seats together.
But even then he'll get 2 'close enough' which will allow you to 'musical chairs' everybody to get together.

(We're pretty free and easy in the Family Stand!!)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here