Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Really excited about Saturday

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
It's an important game at the beginning of a run of important games, but I'm a few months off 60 FFS. You'd have thought I would have learnt by now.

I'm trying to think of the last time I was looking forward to a bog standard league game this much :rolleyes:

Once bitten by the Albion bug you just cannot get rid of it

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It's funny isn't it, but for all the bog boy glory of being in Premier League I am looking forward to the next six games against Villa, Bournemouth, West Ham, Watford, Sheff Utd and Palace than any games against the big clubs to date.

Just great to be playing games that matter and that we really have a good chance of taking a win from. These six games are the season for me now.

I wonder if most fans do too? A trip to Stamford, Goodison or the Kingpower may sound marvellous, but the combination of a regulation loss and being outplayed is shirley no fun to your average Albion fan.

Good going into a match with a chance.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
It's an important game at the beginning of a run of important games, but I'm a few months off 60 FFS. You'd have thought I would have learnt by now.

I'm trying to think of the last time I was looking forward to a bog standard league game this much :rolleyes:

Don't forget your singing voice Watford. Got to get behind them tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I’m so excited to see that prick Grealish run into players throw him self on the floor and watch the ref fall for it.

And then if he doesn’t fall for it, repeatedly tell him to **** off ala Rooney. It’s a joke these players get away with it. And he’ll be in the refs ear all game - watch him! He did this before he was captain as well, the prick.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
I'll be singing my heart out from North Stand G Block, aided by several pints of Harvey's in the JHT beforehand [emoji481]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Don't forget your singing voice Watford. Got to get behind them tomorrow. :thumbsup:

I feel a good atmosphere tomorrow. It’s got that feeling about it where we’ll be up for it and realise what a big game it is. If NSC and threads like this are anything to go by, it’ll be loud :)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Wet January tomorrow - will be on the beer with a vengeance and up for this one.

:albion2:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Gutted to be missing it. Huge run of games now. A win Saturday would be a huge boost going into the following 3 games.

I hope you feel gutted you miss a great win! And watch the highlights 47 times next week to compensate (like we all do when we win). Love the Albion, always and forever :thumbsup:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It just goes from noisy to quiet, even in the NS, when opponents start embarrassing a comatose Albion team.

I never see abuse of Albion players, just the still smiling and jokey faces of a sea of drunk supporters around me in block D.

Do the NSC’ers who call for a fervent atmosphere when we’re losing, actually become cheerleaders in the WS or ES? I suspect they sit on their backsides, tut-tutting at the majority who look resigned.

In WSL the moaning starts (usually following a Stephens - quite acceptable - pass to Dunk), then just increases in volume and frequency with other tits joining in as we pass it around at the back.....

Then, when we are 0-1 at HT, there will be booing (from a few - most will already be in the queue for a pint). I told a bloke to **** off when he booed at the Sheff Utd game, only to have a woman tell me not to swear as ‘there are kids here’. What gives ?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
In WSL the moaning starts (usually following a Stephens - quite acceptable - pass to Dunk), then just increases in volume and frequency with other tits joining in as we pass it around at the back.....

Then, when we are 0-1 at HT, there will be booing (from a few - most will already be in the queue for a pint). I told a bloke to **** off when he booed at the Sheff Utd game, only to have a woman tell me not to swear as ‘there are kids here’. What gives ?

Perhaps I’m lucky now. Before settling in the NS, I was a nomad all round the Amex for a couple of seasons. We came across moaners with vendettas in parts of the ES eg Hemed haters.

In the NS, most adults seem to be pissed.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Perhaps I’m lucky now. Before settling in the NS, I was a nomad all round the Amex for a couple of seasons. We came across moaners with vendettas in parts of the ES eg Hemed haters.

In the NS, most adults seem to be pissed.

WSU will probably be the usual orgy of hatred against Webster

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I'll be boarding a flight from Malaysia at kick off.

Do I....

A) Prey for a flight delay?
B) Pay through the nose for in flight Internet?
C) Wait till 6am Sunday for the final score?

???

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I'll be boarding a flight from Malaysia at kick off.

Do I....

A) Prey for a flight delay?
B) Pay through the nose for in flight Internet?
C) Wait till 6am Sunday for the final score?

???

D) Bring Spence back some duty free.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
And then if he doesn’t fall for it, repeatedly tell him to **** off ala Rooney. It’s a joke these players get away with it. And he’ll be in the refs ear all game - watch him! He did this before he was captain as well, the prick.
I watched the Porto derby last night the ref was outstanding no cosy chats with the star players like our lot do, dissent and dives immediately carded PL refs really are shite.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here