Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Should we be looking at him ??

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
3 goals in 16 matches in the Slovakian league?

No. We are in the PL FFS and need to set our targets a bit higher than a striker who is not even ripping it up in the Solvinian league. :shrug:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Yes Ollie Watkins wasn't doing a lot at Exeter was he before they signed him

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Oh ok so we should look at League One striker to pin our our PL survival on then eh ? Got DA's number?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Surprised Villa aren't after him already given their current levels of desperation!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Oh ok so we should look at League One striker to pin our our PL survival on then eh ? Got DA's number?

I have no opinion on the striker in question, but the league he is currently in is the same league Bobby Zamora, Glenn Murray, and Ashley Barnes were once in. The record holder of the most consecutive games scored in for the Premier League is Jamie Vardy, who skipped Leagues 1 and 2 in going from the Conference Premier to the Championship for Leicester, possibly the best Million quid any football club ever spent. Tell me he is shit if you like, but not based on the league he is currently in.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I have no opinion on the striker in question, but the league he is currently in is the same league Bobby Zamora, Glenn Murray, and Ashley Barnes were once in. The record holder of the most consecutive games scored in for the Premier League is Jamie Vardy, who skipped Leagues 1 and 2 in going from the Conference Premier to the Championship for Leicester, possibly the best Million quid any football club ever spent. Tell me he is shit if you like, but not based on the league he is currently in.

Erm sorry mate but no he isnt. He plays for MSK Zilina in the Solvinian league and BZ, GM and AB didn't play in Solvinia :moo:

My point being, I think we should be setting our sights a bit higher than that (Slovinian league and League 1), sure there are plenty of players that came up through the ranks and the list could be added to for hours, but Vardy etc. did not go straight from League 1 to PL or Slovinian League to PL. Sure sign him up for the DS but thats not really what we need right now IMHO

Is there a striker signed by any PL club from League 1 or the Slovinian League that helped a PL club survive by knocking in a good number of goals from the off?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here