Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Derby charged for breach of spending rules

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
The points deduction isn't enough. Total waste of time.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I suspect the punishment will be to go to their room and have a long think about what they have done.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Selling the ground to the owner for £80m, one way to try and get around the rules. Gambled on PL promotion and lost the gamble last season and look like they arent going to do it this season either in 17th place.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Selling the ground to the owner for £80m, one way to try and get around the rules. Gambled on PL promotion and lost the gamble last season and look like they arent going to do it this season either in 17th place.

Is Frank an 'arry in the making ?

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I’m confused about this whole story - is the problem actually the sale of the stadium to the owner or the dates when the transfer actually happened?

If it’s the actual sale then why? We don’t own our stadium, TB does via The Community Stadium Ltd and Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club Ltd pays rent for its use.

If it’s the dates then presumably the profit on the sale of the Derby stadium will be allowed in this year’s accounts.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I’m confused about this whole story - is the problem actually the sale of the stadium to the owner or the dates when the transfer actually happened?

If it’s the actual sale then why? We don’t own our stadium, TB does via The Community Stadium Ltd and Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club Ltd pays rent for its use.

If it’s the dates then presumably the profit on the sale of the Derby stadium will be allowed in this year’s accounts.

In the case of Wednesday, the problem is both the date upon which the sale was apparently made and where it appears in the accounts. I think with Derby it's more that the stadium is not worth what they've valued it at - purely to get round FFP.

I'm sure there's someone on here who know's better [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION]

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011

The ‘sale’ was for double the actual value-

‘The Rams have leased back the ground, which was said to have been independently valued at £80m despite it being on the club's books as an asset worth £41m, from a company owned by Morris.’

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

The key difference is that we didn’t sell our stadium to try and offset FFP spending limit. BHAFC have never owned the stadium, and the loophole to sell it and use the profit only appeared in the regulations 2 seasons ago.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Will we see Wayne Rooney gracing the likes of Fleetwood, Rochdale and Accrington Stanley next season?

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
The ‘sale’ was for double the actual value-

‘The Rams have leased back the ground, which was said to have been independently valued at £80m despite it being on the club's books as an asset worth £41m, from a company owned by Morris.’

Surely the ‘actual value’ is what it was ‘independently valued’ at. By selling at market value that gives the club the £39m profit. Are the FA now saying that profits on the sale of assets aren’t now allowed in the calculation for FFP?

What if we sold a player contract to Royale Union Saint-Gilloise at a profit, would that be allowed?

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Surely the ‘actual value’ is what it was ‘independently valued’ at. By selling at market value that gives the club the £39m profit. Are the FA now saying that profits on the sale of assets aren’t now allowed in the calculation for FFP?

What if we sold a player contract to Royale Union Saint-Gilloise at a profit, would that be allowed?

The owner sold the ground to themselves for double what it’s worth - to fiddle the books and pump cash into the accounts under false pretences.

I think that’s the problem.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Keep up at the back!

Sent from my HD1900 using Tapatalk

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It's "The Derby Way".

Sent from my HD1900 using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
In the case of Wednesday, the problem is both the date upon which the sale was apparently made and where it appears in the accounts. I think with Derby it's more that the stadium is not worth what they've valued it at - purely to get round FFP.

I'm sure there's someone on here who know's better [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION]

Massive - it’s the date (a separate charge), and the over valuation.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Keep up at the back!

Well I’m glad someone understands it! Maybe you could enlighten me?

The stadium valuation was made by an independent group, accepted by HMRC and the EFL at the time. Was completed within the relevant accounting period. Allowed under the regulations.

I just don’t understand the EFL’s reasoning.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here