Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] 3rd Test South Africa v England

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Starts 08:00 tomorrow at Port Elizabeth and all square but England struggling with numbers.

Leach gone back home, Anderson out and now Joffra out so looks like main bowling attack of Broad and Wood...........

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Really looking forward to this, could be a decent (proper, 5 day, attritional) test match......or we’ll get dry-humped in 3 days, obvs.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Really looking forward to this, could be a decent (proper, 5 day, attritional) test match......or we’ll get dry-humped in 3 days, obvs.

So am I but biggest concern is both sides have had strong bowlers, time for some English batsman to step up

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
So am I but biggest concern is both sides have had strong bowlers, time for some English batsman to step up

And therein lies the problem, we usually have a few South African batsmen in our team.... were loose.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Starts 08:00 tomorrow at Port Elizabeth and all square but England struggling with numbers.

Leach gone back home, Anderson out and now Joffra out so looks like main bowling attack of Broad and Wood...........

I'd quite like to see Mark Wood in Port Elizabeth. Could be very effective.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
You can argue many things about Joe Root, or 'Rooty' as he is affectinately known but one thing that is not in doubt is he is a top tosser.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Very unconvincing shot from Crawley.......

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Draw written all over this one, pitch looks absolutely dead.

Makes you appreciate English pitches after the pitches we’ve seen in New Zealand and here.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The more I am seeing of this pitch Wood may well be pivotal if he can get reverse swing

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
The more I am seeing of this pitch Wood may well be pivotal if he can get reverse swing
We've missed Wood. I'm just concerned that the workload may be too much (with no Jofra or Jimmy) and Woodie will fall to pieces (physically) again.

As you say, if he can get it reversing then that could be the crux of the match.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
According to Twitter, this is the first time England have been none down at lunch on Day 1 of a test since the day Broad took 8-15 at Trent Bridge and the Aussies had already been bowled out.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
According to Twitter, this is the first time England have been none down at lunch on Day 1 of a test since the day Broad took 8-15 at Trent Bridge and the Aussies had already been bowled out.

"Last time an English pair not called Cook-Strauss batted through the first session of a Test was in 2008 (Cook and Vaughan in Wellington."

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Sibley goes... the trap was set... and he flicked it straight to the leg gully... a deserved wicket for Rabada

DP Sibley c Elgar b Rabada 36 (95b 5x4 0x6) SR: 37.89

70-1 (31 overs)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here