Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Park and Ride question

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
The P&R at Mill Road. Before the match, what is the latest buses go to the ground from there?

I don’t need a parking space on Mill Road, I just planned to get the bus from the top of the hill, (will be at a kids party in Tongdene, but shouldn’t really leave much before 2) What’s the latest I can safely get away with legging it up Dyke Road to pick up a bus.

Thanks

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Well my worry would be, I know Mill Road is very often full up long before kick off time, so once full do buses even bother picking up from there?

I'd be asking that question first if l were you.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Well my worry would be, I know Mill Road is very often full up long before kick off time, so once full do buses even bother picking up from there?

I'd be asking that question first if l were you.

That is a good question! I am pretty sure that even after it is full the busses still run for at least about half an hour. I have sat in the car keeping dry with kids until the rain eased off for at least half an hour after it was full. It seems to be full about 2 hours prior to kick off these days. Only issue was when all busses gone to AMEX they seem to take an age to get back to Mill Road so you end up queuing for ages.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I normally walk up and get there about 45 mins before kick off. No queues and, as far as i know, they keep running up to 20 mins before KO.

Last edited:

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Can’t really answer your question, but I usually catch the bus from Mill around 1:50-2:15. At that time the parking spaces are usually gone and busses still run. Latest I’ve got a bus is 2:20. I’ve never not been able to catch a bus.

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
For the Bournemouth game I caught the bus at 12 o'clock and still made kick off.
The bus itself only had about 10 passengers on it and there was another bus still at the bottom of Mill Road ready to be loaded with any latecomers.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Can’t really answer your question, but I usually catch the bus from Mill around 1:50-2:15. At that time the parking spaces are usually gone and busses still run. Latest I’ve got a bus is 2:20. I’ve never not been able to catch a bus.

Nice one mate. Might see you on a 2:15 bus, i'll be the one looking knackered after running up a hill :)

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Will there be a replacement for Mithras house. Was having 3 PRs part of planning

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here