Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Where are Brighton Ladies playing next season?

I know there is talk of them giving Crawley the boot but where else could they realistically go? Anyone know?

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
I thought that, other than the Amex, Crawley was the only ground in Sussex that has the appropriate facilities

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I know the club got planning permission to build a small stadium at Lancing, but I doubt that will be built for next season?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Oh??? Is this an extension to the pitch with the stand down one touch line at the training centre?

I think that's still for the U23s. I can't remember exactly the plans but I think the women's area is going to be the other side of the car park.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I think that's still for the U23s. I can't remember exactly the plans but I think the women's area is going to be the other side of the car park.

Nope, that's not going to be a stadium at all. The club got planning permission to build a separate set of changing rooms for the women's and girl's teams which will be on the other side of the car park. They also are going to build some seating on the "community pitch" (which Albion in the Community uses mainly) next to the newly built changing rooms for parents of the kids playing. They aren't building a new stadium at the Lancing training ground.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Nope, that's not going to be a stadium at all. The club got planning permission to build a separate set of changing rooms for the women's and girl's teams which will be on the other side of the car park. They also are going to build some seating on the "community pitch" (which Albion in the Community uses mainly) next to the newly built changing rooms for parents of the kids playing. They aren't building a new stadium at the Lancing training ground.

Thanks.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Withdean Stadium would be good. The stand next to the pub must hold 3600 which is enough based on current gates.

I think that Withdean North Stand stand holds somewhat less than that, perhaps just around 1000-1500.

IIRC the top flight womens league requires the home ground to have a capacity 5000 or 6000, hence having to move from Lancing FC to Crawley when they got to the top flight.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Well Bloom has built a stadium for the Gentlemen, so until he builds one for the women’s team, they are Stuck in Crawley, and some games at the Gentlemen’s ground.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Still reckon Whitehawk FC should have a word with the Albion and get some sort of deal to get a new ground built in East Brighton with a guarantee of letting the U23 and women playing there.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I know there is talk of them giving Crawley the boot but where else could they realistically go? Anyone know?
The rules are that wherever they go, it has to be capable of being expanded to a 6000 capacity ( ie planning permission would realistically be granted).

For example, Wiithdean was allowed before on a temporary basis - maybe the council isn't keen on a permanent expansion ? or perhaps the ongoing costs rule it out.

Last edited:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The most logical venue is the training ground at Lancing with a small stadium of about 5000 to be used by the U23s and the Ladies team and any otherage groups like U18s etc.

Trouble with Lancing is transport links aren't great (as in station is 15 minute walk away, not many buses) and the car park is tiny. Any planning application would have take transport into consideration and Lancing would fail on the transport side of it.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Still reckon Whitehawk FC should have a word with the Albion and get some sort of deal to get a new ground built in East Brighton with a guarantee of letting the U23 and women playing there.

agreed

get a 4G pitch on there as well so it can be used all year round by the community

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here