Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Club match Maty and Aaron's Aussie Bushfire donation

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Ryan added, “It was a really nice surprise to hear the news after training today, and this is a fantastic gesture by the club. Adversity can bring out the best in people and it’s so humbling to see the response in the past few days.

“To now hear this from the club, I’m blown away. I knew this was a special club, but this underlines the value of community to everyone at Brighton & Hove Albion — be it local or global. It’s a phenomenal gesture and I would like to thank the club.”

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Nice gesture of solidarity with a couple of important players (one of who might very soon have a decision to make, on whether he wishes to remain at our club...).

But I'm sure there will be some moronic comment soon enough, about wasting money that could be spent on a new striker!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
What a load of foreign aid animal nonsense, charity begins at home etc.. That's OUR money leaving the country when it would be much better spent protecting the hedgerow or opposing planning permission.

Why aren't the club donating a pound to the hedgehogs every time Stephens plays the ball sideways or donating a bird bath to a local school when Propper loses possession ?

I'll tell you why - the influx of foreign squirrels. It's a disgrace.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
The donkey sanctuary you mean?
Soon to be converted into a glue factory, I hear. Wonder if the could sign Nuhiu from Massive as Nuhiu's UHU has a nice ring to it.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
This will seem cynical of me, but it's a fairly cheap way to buy a load of good press for the club.

It is a bit cynical, yes. I dont think anyone at the club thought "this is a great opportunity for us!", Not like its a giant market. it feels more like a pretty spontaneus decision.

That said I'm sure they dont mind the good PR and the goodwill (if they minded, for some odd reason, they could have kept quiet and just handed the money bag over).

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Ryan added, “It was a really nice surprise to hear the news after training today, and this is a fantastic gesture by the club. Adversity can bring out the best in people and it’s so humbling to see the response in the past few days.

“To now hear this from the club, I’m blown away. I knew this was a special club, but this underlines the value of community to everyone at Brighton & Hove Albion — be it local or global. It’s a phenomenal gesture and I would like to thank the club.”

Nice gesture from the club, Uncle Tone will be pretty gutted with the devastation

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
This will seem cynical of me, but it's a fairly cheap way to buy a load of good press for the club.

It is a bit cynical, yes. I dont think anyone at the club thought "this is a great opportunity for us!", Not like its a giant market. it feels more like a pretty spontaneus decision.

That said I'm sure they dont mind the good PR and the goodwill (if they minded, for some odd reason, they could have kept quiet and just handed the money bag over).

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great gesture from the club and, as stated above, entirely gratuitous, but having seen the strong positive response to Maty's announcement it must have been a no-brainer.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here