Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Will Graham Potter manage at the TOP level?

Well?

• Yes

Votes: 33 48.5%
  • No

Votes: 23 33.8%
  • This is bollox, there is no third option

Votes: 12 17.6%

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Simple question.

Will Graham Potter win a national title or European title (of course lichtenstein doesn't count)

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
He'll have a decent career

National or European title is a long way off. Many more won't than will

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
I believe his role with us is as Head Coach rather than Manager.

A more pertinent question might be ‘Will Graham Potter manage at ANY level?’

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Fair question. For me, my gut is telling me that he has a ceiling somewhere below the top top level. I think he is almost certainly brilliant at coaching but the doubt is over all the other stuff - media, handling massive ego players etc

Is there a “Quiet One” among successful managers of the modern era? Southgate is I guess the closest fit?

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
He's already managing at the top level. I think it's possible he could given time take us into Europe. I am getting a bit carried away though. We shall see. He is a young ambitious man. Luckily so is our Chairman.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Yes. Definitely.

If he somehow fails in England, there would still be big clubs abroad that looks for a manager of exactly his profile: wants to play entertaining, dominant football, uses the academy, had success in Europe. With "big clubs" I dont mean Barca etc, but clubs like FC Copenhagen or Basel or similar would definitely go for him, and they do win national championships.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Impossible to tell. History is full of examples of people who were great managers at our level of club, but couldn't handle bigger ones where the expectation is so much higher. Anyone remember Mike Walker the successful Norwich manager? Lasted about six months at Everton. Roy Hodgson is also probably another example: great at middling-to-poor clubs like Fulham and Palace, but failed at Liverpool. Also was good for Switzerland but was never going to satisfy English fan expectations.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
He's a young manager so anything's possible in the rest of his career. With the contract extrension he's already signed with us for 5(?) more years, I think he has long-term ambitions to progress us as far as we can go. It's a difficult question because you need to balance reality with hope and confidence.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
My thoughts are that he loves the coaching but is not so much into club management. Hence his title of coach and with us he will be supported in the management area by Ashworth etc. I could see him coaching at a high level as a no 2 at a club but certainly not a manager there. I am not sure that he would want that anyway.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
He's already managing at the top level. I think it's possible he could given time take us into Europe. I am getting a bit carried away though. We shall see. He is a young ambitious man. Luckily so is our Chairman.

I agree. He's already managing at the pinnacle of the game. Anywhere else is a step down :)

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I would be surprised if he doesn't manage the England side at some point.

Whether or not that counts as 'TOP level' management or not is debatable, but for the purpose of my response to this poll I have decided it does.

It's a YES from me.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Some would say being a manager in the Premier League is already a pretty plum job, even if it is only for a club like us.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
The English Premier League is widely regarded as
Top level. If he achieves TB’s targets with us that is a career defining achievement

looking At the bigger picture, I do believe he had the potential to succeed at a higher level still, but that would be assuming another 10 or so years of relatively successful experience.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here