Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Boulaye Dia

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
If the club are only half interested in this guy and he's one of many targets then fair enough we might leave things til summer where there's hopefully better choice and value, but if this guy is of serious interest then we should be all over this NOW. We could offload Ryan, Bernardo, and Jahanbaksh to recoup the transfer fee & wages. Come summer his price will have doubled, and bigger clubs than us will be after him.

.. if someone wants to buy Ryan, Bernardo and Ali, that is... I dont think "offloading" them is as easy as it sounds.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Florin Balogun is yet to commit to Arsenal and his value will be coming down from the £15m originally mentioned as he'll soon be out of contract.
I can imagine his signing be another 'Tariq Lamptey' deal for some lucky club.

In other news, I read in The Athletic that Josh King is wanting £120K a week wages from whoever he signs for.
Which provides a little perspective for anyone who says we should just sign him because he's available on a 'Free'.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Florin Balogun is yet to commit to Arsenal and his value will be coming down from the £15m originally mentioned as he'll soon be out of contract.

In other news, I read in The Athletic that Josh King is wanting £120K a week wages from whoever he signs for.
Which provides a little perspective for anyone who says we should just sign him because he's available on a 'Free'.

Lol. Two hopes and one of them is Bob. :tosser:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I dont think there will be another forward signing. Tau is the addition to that role and thats it. Might take another look in the summer.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I dont think there will be another forward signing. Tau is the addition to that role and thats it. Might take another look in the summer.

I agree with this.

We have Tau and Welbeck who can play a similar game to Dia, in addition, we could have Izquierdo or Andone pushing for a forward role too.

If we finally sign a striker, I suspect he’ll be more like McBurnie than Dia. Maybe the goal-a-game Burnsized Onuachu?

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC

How good is Balogun? Can’t seem to get a straight answer from Arsenal fans.

We were linked with him before.

Pretty sure I saw him play against our U23s and he looked like he was good at finding space. That’s all I remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
How good is Balogun? Can’t seem to get a straight answer from Arsenal fans.

We were linked with him before.

Pretty sure I saw him play against our U23s and he looked like he was good at finding space. That’s all I remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its hard to judge by goals alone, but at U23 level he's scored 15 goals in 2335 minutes.

Aaron Connolly scored 21 in 2327 minutes.

If he's leaving Arsenal looking for guaranteed 1st team football, then I'd suggest he's not what we need.

To push us to the next level we need the finished article.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Lol. Two hopes and one of them is Bob. :tosser:
I think you might be surprised.

3 year contract at £120k p/w (£18.7m) + £5m signing on fee = £23.7m

3 year contract at £60k p/w (£9.3m) + £2m signing on fee + £15m transfer fee = £26.3m

Obviously rough figures without the parasite agents fees, but don't be surprised how much dough players can wrangle when there is no transfer fee involved!

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
I agree with this.

We have Tau and Welbeck who can play a similar game to Dia, in addition, we could have Izquierdo or Andone pushing for a forward role too.

If we finally sign a striker, I suspect he’ll be more like McBurnie than Dia. Maybe the goal-a-game Burnsized Onuachu?

I agree we’ll likely end up waiting to the summer, but disagree about Tau/Welbeck. Dia is a big, strong, fast striker, in the Lukaku mode. Tau is a small, fast second striker and Welbeck is not an out and out striker either (in my opinion) a his game is more about guile. A Dia/Edouard type is exactly what we need for the others to play off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here