Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The Goes Wrong Show

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Apologies if this has been mentioned before. I did a search and nothing came up.

Because the Mrs wanted to watch both Eastenders last friday we ended up watching an unknown programme called 'The Goes Wrong Show' in between.

What a find. I haven't laughed so much in years. It is not intellectual comedy but it is very cleverly done.

If you want to give it a try, it is on catch up. There are three episodes available and all stand alone. I would recommend watching Fridays (set in a Court room) first but that is just my choice. All three are good.

Yes some of you won't like it but a lot of you will.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Totally agreed..seen two so far and the one last week with the court was genius.

I think it is a play in the west end also isn’t it?

But yes, the right on brigade will hate it, but those of us who just want a damn good laugh will love it.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I watched the Christmas one and found it very funny, but switched off the War one after about 5 minutes, so it's a mixed review from me...

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
I watched the Christmas one and found it very funny, but switched off the War one after about 5 minutes, so it's a mixed review from me...

I’d agree with you on the war one but last weeks court drama was really good and worth a watch. Best one so far imho.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Does it match Brass Eye, The Day Today or Jam? ???

I like a bit of darkness.

Early Doors

Coach
Sep 15, 2003
Horsham
Totally agreed..seen two so far and the one last week with the court was genius.

But yes, the right on brigade will hate it, but those of us who just want a damn good laugh will love it.

Yes, we went to see it in the west End about 3 years ago. It was hilarious, and so clever. Well worth going along to, particularly if you have enjoyed Watching it on TV.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
What on earth are the people on the soundtrack laughing at?

We need an option to mute all canned laughter.

Not a show for me, just another example of a poor BBC comedy show.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom

The show that goes wrong. It's was on at the theatre royal last year, I think it's coming back. It's a must see.

seaford

Feb 8, 2007
Have watched all three on the TV so far, the Christmas show and the Trial show had the family in stitches, the WW2 less so. Thumbs up from us in Seaford. :)

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Watched it twice ....its about as funny as a kick in the balls.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Does it match Brass Eye, The Day Today or Jam? ???

I like a bit of darkness.

I have just watched a couple on I Player, The War episode and The court case.

I would say that it is more like Acorn Antiques

It won't be everyone's cup of tea (we are all different) but there were some laugh out moments for me, especially the Court one.

I will catch up on episode one later.

Thanks OP (Worthing Exile) for bringing it to my attention.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here