Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stumpy Tim View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hard to say as those clubs would likely have a fire sale of players, and doing a rebuild isn´t easy to immediately bounce back. I hate to say it, but while Potter is doing great in the Prem I´m not convinced his style of football would get us promoted
    I agree, we would be bullied week in week out. Think Sheffield United and Sheffield Wednesday. Potter would have to modify the style again and get in more battlers with no room for more than one or two lightweight flair players.

Hughton is the man if we go down
    Winners never quit and quitters never win -Vince Lombardi

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by LamieRobertson View Post
      I’m more than happy with GP ...but don’t feel the need to have a pop at CH ...great manager for us .. hoping that GP will become even greater

It’s the stupid dickhead pundits I’d have a pop at ..probably forming there view having watched twenty seconds of Brighton on MOTD
      Thanks for reminding me about the amazing 'insight' in this article: https://news.footballindex.co.uk/pre...atch-and-more/

I'm looking forward to comparing predictions with reality at the end of the season...
      Members
      born and bred in Eastbourne but now live in West Midlands

0 Not allowed!
      This season so far apart from city away we've been in every game Chelsea away excluded and could of got points in all other defeats unlike last season when football was dire and backs to wall

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Stat Brother View Post
      8 pence to all the posters who contribute to this thread with completely new and original ideas.
      Well that’s you out of the money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Brighton But Only At Home

It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.
      I should coco Deportivo Seagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Hiney View Post
      The fact that we came back from a goal down to get a point at home to Chelsea, says all you need to know about our progress from last season.
      Is the right answer!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      If life were a game of cards ... I'd say some ******* was cheating

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bobkin View Post
      Thanks for reminding me about the amazing 'insight' in this article: https://news.footballindex.co.uk/pre...atch-and-more/

I'm looking forward to comparing predictions with reality at the end of the season...
      Only one of them didn't tip us for relegation! Sensational comments too.

It's amazing how so many of them thought Spurs squad was settled, rather than stale.

3 Not allowed!
      8 pence to all the posters who contribute to this thread with completely new and original ideas.
      Nothing for you then.
      K55 BHA

0 Not allowed!
      Is it? An Eden Hazardless Chelsea.

Both are fairly pointless comparisons.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

5 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Psychobilly freakout View Post
      Yes the media have a bit of an infatuation with CH and I do not understand why to be honest, he thoroughly lost the plot and dressing room towards the end of his tenure here, and our a dismal form should by rights have sent us down.
      Some members of the media took the opportunity of the sacking of Chris Hughton to parade their liberal credentials and claim that it was a step back for black managers. And their infatuation with him is part of the same thing. That is, of course, patronising in the extreme. If black managers and coaches are to have the same chances of getting jobs as white rivals, then they must also be as liable to the sack if they play boring or unsuccessful football.

As a [black] Albion fan wisely said at the time, all the crap thrown in Albion's direction over CH's sacking will only make it harder for black coaches to get jobs, because owners will wonder if they really want all the extra aggravation they can expect if/when they have to sack a black manager.
      England are still the only team to have won the World Cup wearing red shirts.
      Members
      Trapped inside the Project for the New American Century

1 Not allowed!
      Think you could have been much bolder there with the enticement and had no problem whatsoever
      "I have been in professional football since I was 16 - that's 33 years this summer. I have seen and done it all. In Brighton, I thought that I had found a club that sat outside the norm. People who love their club but are realistic about their club's prospects in dire circumstances. That appealed to me. That is what I call true loyalty. Supporting the club as you have done through the hard times. I am prepared to be here through these hard times and to develop a squad as I have started to do in preparation for the day that we all move to a new stadium at Falmer. I need your support, patience and understanding in the long-term because there is no quick fix. I hope you will continue to give me that opportunity." Mark McGhee, 17th April 2006