Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] It doesn’t really matter, does it? - part two

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Many of you on here would have read my thread, concerning the trauma my wife has recently been growing through.

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?376999-It-doesn’t-really-matter-does-it&highlight=doesn%27t+really+matter

She has now started her chemotherapy and both her and I have taken the advice of several posters here and made use of Macmillan Nurses to talk to

To say the least, they have been invaluable. They have been very helpful in helping my wife come to terms with some of her fears, and have also given me another sounding board, with someone else other than the great and good at NSC to talk to.

Like so many people that do good work, Macmillan Nurses, as a charity, rely on donations from the public - and with the usual rider of no-one has to contribute, I have set up a JustGiving page, just in case anyone would like to donate - equally I understand if people don't, we all have our own pressures in life, so only contribute if you feel it is the right thing!

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/darkwolf666

Thank you all once again, for the understanding and compassion that has been shown to me since I first posted regarding this. Hopefully future posts will be ones of positivity and good news.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Done. Macmillan were a massive source of help for us whilst my grandmother went through treatment so to me its an incredibly worthwhile cause.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
All the best from down the road. Done. :thumbsup:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Done
Great cause, they helped my dad out in the early days

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
To the NSCer who donated and apologised for the amount, please don't my friend, I hope you don't mind me calling you that, your donation will be priceless in the long run, thank you!

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Another pint, good Luck. I really hope all goes well.

Thanks for sharing (your story) it really helps a lot of people, :thumbsup:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
MacMillan are wonderful. They looked after my wife's dad who unfortunately died a month before Pogue Junior was born, and also my best mate,who died in 2004.

I'm so glad that you have decided to talk to them as well as your wife, so important in my eyes.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Done.

And best wishes in this tough moment of your lives.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Done. Just the price of a pint, but if everyone does a little, it makes a lot.

Just wait until them poncy craft beer drinkers start donating the price of their pints!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here