Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] MS Paint Art

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I never could paint and its always bothered me. I tried hard for a while, just didnt have it. Then I read about how skills like that dont really translate from the analogue world to the digital world and vice versa. A kid who played with LEGO on his tablet would be clueless when fronted with real LEGO. So I thought: maybe I could do digital art.

What I noticed immediatly was how relaxing it was. The limitations and simplicity of the program helps to lower your expectations and allows you to be more happy when something actually looks decent. Therapeutic to the point where I would really recommend it to anyone.

I started off doing some city/landscape shit:
paint1.png

cityofa3 (1).png
(not finished)

before...

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I never could paint and its always bothered me. I tried hard for a while, just didnt have it. Then I read about how skills like that dont really translate from the analogue world to the digital world and vice versa. A kid who played with LEGO on his tablet would be clueless when fronted with real LEGO. So I thought: maybe I could do digital art.

What I noticed immediatly was how relaxing it was. The limitations and simplicity of the program helps to lower your expectations and allows you to be more happy when something actually looks decent. Therapeutic to the point where I would really recommend it to anyone.

View attachment 119120

View attachment 119121
(not finished)

before...

Very nice... just hope you are doing carbon capture on the factory emissions!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
(contiued as you can only attach three things)

... moving on to more arsy stuff making doom machines based on James Tilly Matthews story and Viktor Tausk paper/essay "On the Origin of the "Influencing Machine" in Schizophrenia".

lentamente (1).jpg
airloom5.jpg
litefinaremedtext.png

Anyway... I really recommend this little playful, creative tool to kill hours and bad feelings. And I would to see you post the results! All of these above was made in 2-4 hours and I have no knowledge or talent of anything in visual art so its probably possible to make really good stuff, if youre into "good".

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Very nice... just hope you are doing carbon capture on the factory emissions!

I thought it was a Grenfell tower Tribute. But there isn’t any laughing Tories in the foreground so I’m going “Birkenhead at dawn”

D

Deleted member 22389

View attachment 119120

View attachment 119121
(not finished)

before...

Think they are great. You should get them printed on canvas. I do like the city one, make sure you post it when finished.

Last edited by a moderator:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Keep it up - creativity like that is good for your wellbeing.
My 9 year old grandson got a new iPad for Christmas and the art app and pen he had bought for it is just unbelievable. The quality of the stuff he produces on it is just amazing. A bit of skill coupled with the tools in the app produces fabulous art.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here