Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I'm a Korean Albion fan, about Hee-chan Hwang and Korea

KoreanSeagull

Dec 1, 2019
Not North
According to The Athletic, Brighton are firmly interested in South Korean Red Bull Salzburg forward Hee-chan Hwang.

As a South Korean, I'm thrilled to see this come, but quite worried about the pressure on his shoulder if he really comes at 27m.

Any question about Hwang and Korea I'll try to get the proper answer.

Some things you might be interested.

- He is Single, Unmarried. In South Korea, people normally get married at least after 30.

- Wolves seem to lose interest, but still have chance

- If he comes, a lot of South Korean flags would be seen in the AMEX, just like spurs. You couldn't see a lot of them in Newcastle ( Ki Sung-Yueng was a rotation member last season ), but this is a diffrent case. Korean fans have high hopes for him now

- Korean fans refer him as a ' Bull. ' Related to his play style.

- He humilated Van Dijk at Champions League, Beating him 1 on 1 and scoring right away

- You CAN'T expect marketing profit. They tend to spend very prudently.

- Not all Koreans eat dog. Actually It's hard to find one eating dog in the young generation. So don't discriminate.

- He originally had to head back to korea and go through the 2 year military service that all Korean Men has to, but he has been exempted by winning the asian game gold medal.

- South Korea is safer then most of the countries in the world, hang out 4 in the morning in a dark alley no prob. The people my age dosen't want to reunite with North Korea because of diffrence of living standards and Kim-Jong un's fat belly.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Great summary, thank you.

We really need a good striker who can adjust to the pace and physicality of the Premier League quickly, do you foresee any problems there?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If we can use Percy Tau as a makeweight in a swap + cash deal, it'll be more affordable and means Salzburg could release him in January.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Will the Koreans be as 'excitable' about Hee-chan Hwang as the Iranians are about Alireza?

Not sure I could cope with another set of supporters like that.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Really pleased about the lack of dog eating and the Bull nickname. The ladies (and some men) on this site will also be very happy that he is single.

You should rightly be worried about foreign players given a chance at the Albion though. Check out the Alireza thread. If he is not up to speed after a handful of games (probably being played in a position new to him with new tactics) the snowflakes on this site will be calling for his head quicker than you can say ‘do you want onions with that hotdog?’.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've been looking for a dark alley to safely hang out in at 4 in the morning. Thanks for the tip.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If Potter has met his representatives - reported and not denied - it means we had permission to talk to him... so a fee has been agreed ? ???

KoreanSeagull

Dec 1, 2019
Not North
Great summary, thank you.

We really need a good striker who can adjust to the pace and physicality of the Premier League quickly, do you foresee any problems there?

Well physically I suppose he is ready, that's why he is so called ' The Bull. '
but not sure if he can adjust to the game pace. Obviously he is coming from Austrian League, And even with the Champions League experience it'll still be a leap for him.

I think at RBL they used Two strikers and Three on the top tactically as well, so he might not need to adjust to a whole new role in the middle of the fixture.

Not because I'm korean, He is a good striker indeed. Think he'll just need some time to adjust and fans backing him.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
According to The Athletic, Brighton are firmly interested in South Korean Red Bull Salzburg forward Hee-chan Hwang.

As a South Korean, I'm thrilled to see this come, but quite worried about the pressure on his shoulder if he really comes at 27m.

- He is Single, Unmarried. In South Korea, people normally get married at least after 30.

- If he comes, a lot of South Korean flags would be seen in the AMEX, just like spurs. You couldn't see a lot of them in Newcastle ( Ki Sung-Yueng was a rotation member last season ), but this is a diffrent case. Korean fans have high hopes for him now

- He humilated Van Dijk at Champions League, Beating him 1 on 1 and scoring right away

- Not all Koreans eat dog. Actually It's hard to find one eating dog in the young generation. So don't discriminate.

- He originally had to head back to korea and go through the 2 year military service that all Korean Men has to, but he has been exempted by winning the asian game gold medal.

- South Korea is safer then most of the countries in the world, hang out 4 in the morning in a dark alley no prob. The people my age dosen't want to reunite with North Korea because of diffrence of living standards and Kim-Jong un's fat belly.

One of my favourite NSC contributions for a long time......

Thank you for the information. [emoji2][emoji108]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Hwang Hwang
Wherever you may be.
You eat dogs in your own country
But it could have been worse
You could have been Palace
Eating shit from a tramps undies.

KoreanSeagull

Dec 1, 2019
Not North
Will the Koreans be as 'excitable' about Hee-chan Hwang as the Iranians are about Alireza?

Not sure I could cope with another set of supporters like that.

Koreans absolutely hate that kind of act, including myself.
If somebody acts like those Iranians last year, the stupid comments will be on the Korean community sites and the people will go mad.

But there are some idiots. For example, few years ago some went on Erik Lamela's instagram ( position contender of Son ) and terrored his account with things like ' Why didn't you pass the ball ' ' Get out of the team '.

Those act got lessen throughout the years, but still not sure if it's Alireza Jahanbakhsh's turn to get mocked.

But clearly way better than Iranians in those aspects.

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Hwang Hwang
Wherever you may be.
You eat dogs in your own country
But it could have been worse
You could have been Palace
Eating shit from a tramps undies.

You got lazy with the last line didn't you :lol:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Really pleased about the lack of dog eating and the Bull nickname. The ladies (and some men) on this site will also be very happy that he is single.
’.

I hear Das Reich fancies the odd Korean.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

Brighton has a few Korean restaurants, which are a treat for the more open minded among us. They usually have a fair number of Korean students in, who are attached to the local language schools and Brighton is generally friendly and tolerant.

I suspect that Red Bull will not want to let him leave in January, but Brighton tend to play the long game and we could be back in the summer.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Well physically I suppose he is ready, that's why he is so called ' The Bull. '
but not sure if he can adjust to the game pace. Obviously he is coming from Austrian League, And even with the Champions League experience it'll still be a leap for him.

I think at RBL they used Two strikers and Three on the top tactically as well, so he might not need to adjust to a whole new role in the middle of the fixture.

Not because I'm korean, He is a good striker indeed. Think he'll just need some time to adjust and fans backing him.

He has to pass the NSC “is Hwang ovverated “ threads that last for , on average, about 5 years.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What does his mum look like?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here