Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Green Party attempt to ban cars in Central Brighton

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Great idea. Not before time.

Could turn Brighton city centre to a grand European style piazza making it easy to walk around, seating areas outside.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh no every shop will have to close down.

About fudging time.

Brighton should have been the first city not the poxy last one.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I'll be honest, I'm dead against it. People forget that traders need access to Dixons.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
They'll be wanting to ban working class Tories next. That'll be the end of Poundland and McDonald's. Nutters.

Good idea a car free centre.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Good thinking. Cities that start taking steps like this while we still have a choice will be far better prepared to cope with climate change and forced change. If you are too lazy to walk around Brighton then there won't be much hope for you come the apocalypse anyway.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1216103467875491846[/tweet]

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Would be helpful to know what exactly they mean by the city centre. There is already a low emission area operating, or so it says on the bus when entering North Street. There are already restrictions to cars around this area. More detail would be good. Until they get a proper park and ride or move the existing car parks out of the city centre it’s difficult to understand how this will will work.
I’m all for a car free city centre but until they get serious and put in infrastructure for a park and ride system it only smacks of party politics to me.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Well done Amy Heley

Ignore the Argus messageboard dinosaur gammons, some of which are on here as well. They will never understand what our city is about.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Would be helpful to know what exactly they mean by the city centre. There is already a low emission area operating, or so it says on the bus when entering North Street. There are already restrictions to cars around this area. More detail would be good. Until they get a proper park and ride or move the existing car parks out of the city centre it’s difficult to understand how this will will work.
I’m all for a car free city centre but until they get serious and put in infrastructure for a park and ride system it only smacks of party politics to me.

Yeh, it's a little light on detail. But it's significant that a councillor is proposing the idea in theory

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Well done Amy Heley

Ignore the Argus messageboard dinosaur gammons, some of which are on here as well. They will never understand what our city is about.

What our city is about?

Most of these Green tossers are not even from Brighton.

Look at our waste of space Mayor for example.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
As a starter, i'd go, Brighton Station to the Clock Tower to the bottom of West St. Plus the entirety of the area around the Lanes and North Laine.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
What our city is about?

Most of these Green tossers are not even from Brighton.

Look at our waste of space Mayor for example.

About being creative and progressive and actually caring about the future. Doesn't matter if they are from Brighton or not. Immigrants welcome, whether from Africa or Hassocks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here