Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Ad-Hoc Meetings in London

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I have to meet a couple of new colleagues in London, to do some introductions and explain what I do. We don't have offices I can use, so I am looking for somewhere to meet, where we don't have to run up a huge bill, can talk without concern for who is listening, can hear the conversation and won't be chased out of the door, if we have finished a drink. Coffee shops, bars, anything really. Any suggestions for venues and time of the day, when you are not blasted with background music, can sit in reasonable comfort and have a conversation. Anywhere close to Victoria or London Bridge earns bonus points - Thanks in advance for practical suggestions and mocking comments.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I have to meet a couple of new colleagues in London, to do some introductions and explain what I do. We don't have offices I can use, so I am looking for somewhere to meet, where we don't have to run up a huge bill, can talk without concern for who is listening, can hear the conversation and won't be chased out of the door, if we have finished a drink. Coffee shops, bars, anything really. Any suggestions for venues and time of the day, when you are not blasted with background music, can sit in reasonable comfort and have a conversation. Anywhere close to Victoria or London Bridge earns bonus points - Thanks in advance for practical suggestions and mocking comments.

Why not try meeting in the Sky Garden near Monument Tube Stn.
You can book slots online.
Great views and not too noisy.

https://skygarden.london/booking

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

https://kingscross.impacthub.net/book-a-meeting-room/

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Pick a hotel such as Holiday Inn who generally have a reasonable reception area where you can buy a coffee and sit in a quiet area. I tend to use them for meetings all around the UK. You also get WiFi

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Although quite a way from London, you could check to see if the new stand at selhurst park has some kind of meeting room.

They have completed the build now, right?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Although quite a way from London, you could check to see if the new stand at selhurst park has some kind of meeting room.

They have completed the build now, right?

Last time I had to visit their main stand was about 6 years ago when I had to look at their beer installation in the Boardroom Bar. Rats had eaten the beer python!

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I have used the Grosvenor Hotel at Victoria for this purpose in the past. A classy joint and you can book a table in the Tea Lounge.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I have used the Grosvenor Hotel at Victoria for this purpose in the past. A classy joint and you can book a table in the Tea Lounge.

This was going to be my suggestion too. Used it a good few times and it's perfect for what you're proposing.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

I concur. Use it fairly regularly for the same purpose.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Balls Brothers in Hays Galleria has lots of nooks and crannies you can hide away in and chat. Vivat Bacchus nearby is usually fairly quiet too but more open. Both just a few steps from London Bridge station.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here