Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Are you a so called working class Conservative ?

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I thought the tories and press brainwashed the working working classes they were middle classed in the late 80's?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I wasn't this time around but have been in previous elections.

What is the cut off to mean that someone moves from working class to middle class?

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Because the Conservatives promised to close down the NHS in their manifesto, didn't they?

Or maybe even though the other parties have been claiming that for 40 years now, it isn't true.

Boris Johnson has repeatedly stated the NHS would be better if people paid for it through private insurance.

It will be a painful learning experience for the working class as they find out how much the EU protected them from the worst of the Tory party.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I can never vote for a far left party so yes i am for the time being.

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
I wasn't this time around but have been in previous elections.

What is the cut off to mean that someone moves from working class to middle class?

You can be both.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Till you lose your job or suffer bad health

I’ve had both under a Tory government. NHS did a sterling job in getting me better, and I got a new job very quickly - which I’m still in. Now I own my own gaff. I’ve had luck along the way - but if you work hard enough the opportunities are there for anyone who wants it in this country.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I think people should have private medical insurance. Nothing wrong with a bit of queue jumping if you can afford it. If you can't, wait your turn with the great unwashed:whistle:

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
So the desperate A & E figures , worst ever waiting times are wrong then ???
Nope, I think the last few years the government have not focused on health as they should have. It is a problem. They've got a chance now to show they meant what they said in the election. If they can't improve things, people will judge them accordingly.

I just don't think it's policy; I don't like tribal politics where we pretend one side doesn't want the country to do well or the health system to be better. (Corbyn excepted. I really think he didn't want the country to do well, but thankfully he's now on the way out and hopefully we will get a better Labour leader (how could they be worse?))

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I’ve had both under a Tory government. NHS did a sterling job in getting me better, and I got a new job very quickly - which I’m still in. Now I own my own gaff. I’ve had luck along the way - but if you work hard enough the opportunities are there for anyone who wants it in this country.

“The opportunities are there for anyone who wants it”.

Sounds like you have led a rather sheltered life. Open your eyes.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here