Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Dunk to Chelsea?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Dunk is a strange one, I want him to stay with us until he retires and become a true Albion legend. But there is a small part of me that really wants him to do well and go on to get more caps for England and achieve what he deserves to achieve in his career, which he probably won’t achieve with us.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Not sure - he was getting 'Ben White' level praise at the start of the season.

I'd read pretty negative things about him at the beginning of the season and wasn't impressed in the bits I'd seen

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
So, have Chelsea made an offer which meets our valuation? I assume not at this stage. If they do, then I expect a conversation concerning if it could be deferred until the end of the season. I don't think Chelsea are in desperate need to buy a CB, whereas our need for Dunk to help us stay up is pretty vital. Also, would give us time to negotiate a deal for one of their young defenders as a partial exchange.eg you give us Reece James and £25m and it's a done deal.
I don't think Lewis will be with us next season but we'll have White back then, Webster will have a full years experience in the EPL and we could get some young talented player in from Chelsea.

Reece James is worth more than Dunk already.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
https://www.thebluestands.com/2020/01/brighton-boss-graham-potter-rules-out.html?m=1

Headline isn't quite backed up by the text but..................

Brighton boss Graham Potter rules out selling Lewis Dunk to Chelsea
January 17, 2020

Brighton head coach Graham Potter has spoken out on Lewis Dunk's transfer link to Chelsea.

The 28-year-old centre-back has been linked with a £50m move to Stamford Bridge, but his manager is adamant he's going nowhere.

“I have really enjoyed working with Lewis as a footballer and as a person. He is really important for us, and we are really happy that he is with us,” Potter said.

“January is always a little bit different to every other month if we are being honest. “There is always a lot going on, a lot of talk from you guys (media) questions and interest.

“The window is open so there are more things going on in that regard but that is normal we know that is the case. When the window is open there is always more talk other than the football.”

Written by Vince [MENTION=21466]Blue[/MENTION]_footy

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
https://www.thebluestands.com/2020/01/brighton-boss-graham-potter-rules-out.html?m=1

Headline isn't quite backed up by the text but..................

Brighton boss Graham Potter rules out selling Lewis Dunk to Chelsea
January 17, 2020

Brighton head coach Graham Potter has spoken out on Lewis Dunk's transfer link to Chelsea.

The 28-year-old centre-back has been linked with a £50m move to Stamford Bridge, but his manager is adamant he's going nowhere.

“I have really enjoyed working with Lewis as a footballer and as a person. He is really important for us, and we are really happy that he is with us,” Potter said.

“January is always a little bit different to every other month if we are being honest. “There is always a lot going on, a lot of talk from you guys (media) questions and interest.

“The window is open so there are more things going on in that regard but that is normal we know that is the case. When the window is open there is always more talk other than the football.”

Written by Vince [MENTION=21466]Blue[/MENTION]_footy

Where is the ‘Lewis is going absolutely nowhere in this window’ and ‘he is our player and he is not for sale at any price’.

I’m a bit worried about this one seeing that, due to his amazing and loyal service at the club, Uncle Tone might not stand in his way.

And let’s all be honest here. The only way he is getting into the England squad is by being a Chelsea player.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Where is the ‘Lewis is going absolutely nowhere in this window’ and ‘he is our player and he is not for sale at any price’.

I’m a bit worried about this one seeing that, due to his amazing and loyal service at the club, Uncle Tone might not stand in his way.

And let’s all be honest here. The only way he is getting into the England squad is by being a Chelsea player.

I can't agree with that. Southgate just needs to wake the **** up. Dunky is better than all but one of Gareth's chosen ones, and even that is debatable.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I can't agree with that. Southgate just needs to wake the **** up. Dunky is better than all but one of Gareth's chosen ones, and even that is debatable.

I agree but I don’t think Southgate will take notice until Lewis is doing it for a top six.

According to Gareth, if you are anEnglish centre back at a top six, you don’t need experience to play for England (Gomez & Tomori) or have cost the Country two final places with awful errors (Stones).

Top six players are his default.

Last edited:

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
I agree but I don’t think Southgate will take notice until Lewis is doing it for a top six.

According to Gareth, if you are anEnglish centre back at a top six, you don’t need experience to play for England (Gomez & Tomori) or have cost the Country two final places with awful errors (Stones).

Top six players are his default.

So why does he keep picking Mings?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here