Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Will Eddie be sacked...??

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I hate smug Eddie as much as the next person

However the injury list there is huge and to say he should be performing better seems a touch harsh in the current climate.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
He shouldn't be sacked. But Chairmen panic. And their one will have looked at Watford's new manager bounce.

50/50 one to me.

I hope they'll give him a couple more games, giving us the glorious chance to get him sacked

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
If they were to change then it would be made in the next few games. They play away to Norwich, before they play us and I think the results of those will seal Eddie's fate. According to Transfermkt his contract with Bournemouth expires at the end of the season, so it wouldn't be a massive payoff for him or his staff.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The run he's on make him vulnerable to the sack, but I feel that would be a mistake.

Injuries have hurt him, and with that size crowd they're not going to get much of a positive atmosphere to boost their confidence. They didn't buy well over the summer and losing Mings has made a difference, but I feel if they get rid of Howe it could be a similar outcome to when Hudersfield got rid of Wagner.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He shouldn't be sacked. But Chairmen panic. And their one will have looked at Watford's new manager bounce.

50/50 one to me.

I hope they'll give him a couple more games, giving us the glorious chance to get him sacked

That would be beautiful.

‘Albion put final nail in Howe’s coffin after embarrassing defeat’ or something........

‘Potter magic spells the end for Eddie’

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
The run he's on make him vulnerable to the sack, but I feel that would be a mistake.

Injuries have hurt him, and with that size crowd they're not going to get much of a positive atmosphere to boost their confidence. They didn't buy well over the summer and losing Mings has made a difference, but I feel if they get rid of Howe it could be a similar outcome to when Hudersfield got rid of Wagner.

They could probably do with now but he made less than 20 appearances for them over 4 seasons.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Would be equally clever to Huddersfield kicking out Wagner.

Sacking your coach mid-season is usually stupid as ****. People overrate that move because you remember the few times it works and forget all of the times it has little to no effect.

If you have a good team and hire a new manager for whatever reason and it all turns to shit (i.e. Moyes at Utd) - fine, sack him.

But in cases where its very obvious the manager is not the problem, why would you go that route other than purely populistic reasons? And I think Eddie Howe has proved that he is not a problem for Bournemouth, sort of like Messi have proved that if Barca fail, he is not the major problem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here