[Football] We need two up front

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why not just play Stephens up top?

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I think Murray showed us a glimpse of what been missing, we have Trossard to feed him with pinpoint crosses.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I think Murray showed us a glimpse of what been missing, we have Trossard to feed him with pinpoint crosses.

Back in the day, both Rooney and Owen said they played better when Heskey was partnered with them. Murray can do the Heskey hold up/flick/link play stuff and he's a lot better finisher. Would be good to see how Maupay would fare if partnered with muzza.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Back in the day, both Rooney and Owen said they played better when Heskey was partnered with them. Murray can do the Heskey hold up/flick/link play stuff and he's a lot better finisher. Would be good to see how Maupay would fare if partnered with muzza.

Ofah_tony_driscoll.png

You mean like this :D

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
He’d still pass it back to Ryan from the oppositions box!

In all fairness, I am wondering if DS has lost faith in passing the ball forwards. Him and our strikers seem to be on a different wavelength most of the time and it feels that because of our strikers not retaining/creating anything he feels like he is being made our new (ish) scapegoat . Maupay didn't hold the ball up very well yesterday and Trossard blows very hot and cold in possession.Connoly is a busy player that wants to run onto through balls that aren't coming at the moment. Dale is a good player that is short on confidence imo. He should be banned from shooting though!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This may seem a little bizarre to many but I would go to Newcastle, who are nearly safe and get Dwight Gayle in on loan to play alongside GM up front with Maupay to come off of the bench.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
This may seem a little bizarre to many but I would go to Newcastle, who are nearly safe and get Dwight Gayle in on loan to play alongside GM up front with Maupay to come off of the bench.

You've finally dropped the thought about signing Wilfried Bony?

Sounds like we're getting... somewhere.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

May seem bizarre? It's positively bonkers! :)

In DG's best season he got 7 PL goals and that was 6 years ago. Maupay has 6 in half a season.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
In all fairness, I am wondering if DS has lost faith in passing the ball forwards. Him and our strikers seem to be on a different wavelength most of the time and it feels that because of our strikers not retaining/creating anything he feels like he is being made our new (ish) scapegoat . Maupay didn't hold the ball up very well yesterday and Trossard blows very hot and cold in possession.Connoly is a busy player that wants to run onto through balls that aren't coming at the moment. Dale is a good player that is short on confidence imo. He should be banned from shooting though!

Disagree. When the going gets tough, DS does everything he can to hide, with safe meaningless passes that won't get the crowd on his back. Might have got him a pat on the head from CH, but not anymore. If he has to be played nowadays he should be actively encouraged to shoot on sight. Nobody's ever going to get on his, or anybody else's, back for getting a shot in, no matter what the outcome is. It's the hiding on the pitch that gets people's backs up.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
We need 8 points from the next four games.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Problem is, the Toon want Glenn Murray so would probably want him plus £10m for the awesome Gayle (who like you I believe is better than anything we have at the moment).

Talking of Championship strikers, how about Rhodes from Massive? He looked great against us in the cup.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Disagree. When the going gets tough, DS does everything he can to hide, with safe meaningless passes that won't get the crowd on his back. Might have got him a pat on the head from CH, but not anymore. If he has to be played nowadays he should be actively encouraged to shoot on sight. Nobody's ever going to get on his, or anybody else's, back for getting a shot in, no matter what the outcome is. It's the hiding on the pitch that gets people's backs up.
Disagree. Stephens never hides and we'll be screwed in midfield if he doesn't play against Villa. The crowd is already full of numpties who vocally criticise his every touch regardless of quality, direction or even if another player plays it too short to him. If he's short of confidence, blame his own fans. But he really shouldn't shoot - ever!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here