Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Wrexham

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
What happened? Our one time pals in the trenches in danger of slipping out of the National League. There but for the grace and all that. Far too big a club to be where they currently are.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
yeah it's a shame,I wish them well

Chesterfield too,I know we've had are run ins over the years
but it's a shame to see the more traditional clubs struggle

would love to see Barrow pull it off though

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Been there a few times, and loved it.

Got there once too late for the pubs, and jokingly asked if we could go in their supporters' club.

The bloke not only said yes, but shouted to the bar to get them in and he was buying them. Great club.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
There are a lot of ex league teams in that division and quite a few who have really fallen hard.

Darlington were the big surprise...fabulous stadium and it all went west after then!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Being only 2 hours away so quite local we go now and then and it's a good day out, haven't been for a while and results are hit and miss but still enjoyable, something I never knew before I started going was they're the 3rd oldest professional football club in the world.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Football is at a turning point really, either you work with modern methods or you'll be left behind. Even in the lower divisions a lot of clubs work with data, sports psychologists, video analysis etc. The clubs that dont will just inevitably fall behind. That said I have no clue if this is the case in Wrexham.

But if you dont keep up it doesnt matter how big your club is. Just watch "Sunderland Til I Die" where a scout says "no this player uses gloves, I dont like him", Zlatan Ibrahimovic being on their target list or Martin Bain admitting he is keeping all notes on potential players in a little black book.. its just ancient stuff. Football is rocket science these days.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
Being only 2 hours away so quite local we go now and then and it's a good day out, haven't been for a while and results are hit and miss but still enjoyable, something I never knew before I started going was they're the 3rd oldest professional football club in the world.

they need to play Chorley every week
then they'ed be just fine

edit

3rd oldest professional football club,I never knew that either :thumbsup:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The stadium killed them, should have stopped at Feethams

This - and Feethams was a great ground. Find memories of about 500 of us packed into that little roofed terrace on the side on the Mickey Adams days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
Football is at a turning point really, either you work with modern methods or you'll be left behind. Even in the lower divisions a lot of clubs work with data, sports psychologists, video analysis etc. The clubs that dont will just inevitably fall behind. That said I have no clue if this is the case in Wrexham.

But if you dont keep up it doesnt matter how big your club is. Just watch "Sunderland Til I Die" where a scout says "no this player uses gloves, I dont like him", Zlatan Ibrahimovic being on their target list or Martin Bain admitting he is keeping all notes on potential players in a little black book.. its just ancient stuff. Football is rocket science these days.

oh,I don't know

it's still a game played on a park with an onion bag at each end

with the emphasis being on getting yourself in the box,stick a leg out and fall over

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The stadium killed them, should have stopped at Feethams

Agreed

Remember the game at gillingham where they beat us 4-0 and gabbiadini scored a hat trick.....one of the real lows of our time there!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
What happened? Our one time pals in the trenches in danger of slipping out of the National League. There but for the grace and all that. Far too big a club to be where they currently are.

No such thing as 'Far too bigger club to be where they currently are', it's how you perform on the pitch, which determines how well you do, and obviously Wrexham's performances haven't been nearly good enough for some considerable time now.

You will be saying they have a sense of entitlement next!

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Merthyr are on their way back, we played them 20 times! and waiting for Aberdare to make a comeback................Boyos

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Agreed

Remember the game at gillingham where they beat us 4-0 and gabbiadini scored a hat trick.....one of the real lows of our time there!

Urrghh, yes I remember having my head in my hands the entire bus trip back.

One low of several

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Agreed

I was there. I felt like a fluffer at a eunuchs' orgy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here