Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aston Villa - a call to arms

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Aye, the biggest game of the season so far.

It is pretty much crucial that Mooy is fit for this one.

On a positive note, 12 points v Villa, Bournemouth, West Ham and Watford will leave us within touching distance of safety so there is that fool's hope to still cling to.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Probably. But can I therefore just warn everyone that inevitably we’ll blow it?!!

Not being negative, just applying 40 years Albion experience! ;)

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Probably. But can I therefore just warn everyone that inevitably we’ll blow it?!!

Not being negative, just applying 40 years Albion experience! ;)

It's not true though. I had this debate about promotion with someone once. I did some research and found that in nearly every campaign since 1970 that Albion had gone into January holding a promotion position they had gone up.

They blow it no more than anyone else.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
So many beans being lost today!

With a little luck (and despite a poor 1st half) we’d have got a deserved draw today in a Stadium we are always shitehouse in.

Time to be positive!

We’re going to tear Villa up good and Pröpper. So much so that they’ll not recover and will end up going down, down, down! They won’t be coming to the Amex for Mooy next season!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Yes! The Match of the Day (when it only showed one match in the programme), 30 odd thousand at The Goldstone, Willie Irvine and Kit Napier for a 2-1 triumph at the top of Division 3 in 1972.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7yrZUds3_A

And we also beat them 1-0 at the Goldstone in their league championship season of 1980-81. Michael Robinson scored in front of the South Stand and we could have scored more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here