Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Man Utd fans sing Build A Bonfire at Old Trafford

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
'Build a bonfire' is an old school kids song. Its had many adaptions (including ours).

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Although if you google its origins you could be forgiven for thinking it was Manchester United's own song!

Quite. It's probably been sung on football terraces for 60 odd years.

It used to be sung about burning teachers and prefects. Perhaps they should sing it about Liverpool. They're certainly getting schooled by them at present.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Having a whinge because you're not in the top 4 of the PL isn't quite the same gripe as having your clubs constitution changed and subsequentlY flogged off by a pair of crooked shysters leaving a whole club homeless and on the brink of collapse. Although if that happened to Manure I probably would have a private chuckle.

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Wait until they realise there are more versus!

Hire a hitman hire a hitman shoot belloti in the head
Shoot bill archer in the stomach and they’ll both be ****ing dead

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
AFAIK, Man Utd fans haven't sung anti-owner songs for YEARS. (And they were doing it during an impressive win. Fair play for that.)

Edit: The media picked up on it too. https://metro.co.uk/2020/01/11/manc...ZxCCVo48WzATQJ3FP0n4-4D8201kCw90z7NR3-RVzmZTw

Ah not so sure but they’ve sang BaB for years. They had all the green and gold thing some years ago - often have spoken out about owners. Know Woodward isn’t popular but that’s the first time I’ve heard them sing anti him songs.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
It always makes me smile when some of our fans chant this old classic. Many seen to have forgotten that Mr Belloti was burned very badly back in 2015!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here