Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] R.I.P Neil Peart

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Very sad news, possibly the best drummer there has ever been.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Shocking news, I had no idea he’d been unwell for a while, I guess it explains their last ever tour in 2018, and his unusual antics at the end of the last gig. RIP probably the best drummer ever.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
My favourite band. I am not ashamed to say I cried when i heard that earlier this evening. Rush were instrumental in influencing my teenage years and twenties. He was an incredible drummer and lyricist. A perfectionist whom it has been speculated, had Asperger's Syndrome.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The best drummer ever, a rock legend. Rush are my favourite band, I'm gutted.

RIP Neil.

Jul 7, 2003
Knew he hadn't been well but still a surprise. While I was never a huge Rush fan, his drumming was always great to listen to - one of the old school drummers who played with a great natural swing.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Never a huge Rush fan but whenever other drummers mentioned influences or who they rated invariably his name came up. Rest in Peace.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
'Hemispheres' was the first proper 'rock' album I ever bought, and I was smitten with them since the first time I played it. So many great albums and one of (if not the ) best live bands around, and I was lucky enough to see them many times over the years, the first time being in Brighton.
His drumming was out of this world and the genuine love between the three of them was evident. They must be absolutely devastated by his passing, as are their fans across the world.
RIP Mr, Peart, and Farewell to a King.

If you get a chance to watch the documentary 'Beyond the Lighted Stage', do so - it's brilliant.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
'Hemispheres' was the first proper 'rock' album I ever bought, and I was smitten with them since the first time I played it. So many great albums and one of (if not the ) best live bands around, and I was lucky enough to see them many times over the years, the first time being in Brighton.
His drumming was out of this world and the genuine love between the three of them was evident. They must be absolutely devastated by his passing, as are their fans across the world.
RIP Mr, Peart, and Farewell to a King.

If you get a chance to watch the documentary 'Beyond the Lighted Stage', do so - it's brilliant.

For me it was 'The Spirit Of Radio' and I rushed out to buy 'Permanent Waves'. 40 years on that song and album are still my favourites. I was lucky enough to see Peart and Rush at The Brighton Centre on their 'Exit Stage Left' world tour. Awesome.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I bloody love a bit of Rush.

They were well well represented in the second hand record shops in Eastbourne when I was a kid ... loved it then, still do.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
He definitely found the thing he was good at and went with it.

Can you imagine being that good at what you do?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Devastating news. There are no words to adequately describe what a huge figure Neil was in rock and roll. Not only the greatest drummer of all time but one of its greatest and thoughtful minds. A great loss that will be leaving a large hole in the hearts of many today. RIP Neil

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003

Incredible powerful song which is so fitting.

Whilst never my favourite band I was lucky enough to see them a couple of times live.

An interesting guy who had to deal with sadness in his life, and who definitely shattered the "what do you call a guy whom hangs around with musicians..." stereotype. RIP

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Terrible news. A fascinating well read, well travelled and politicised and cultured musician. Whilst he is primarily known as one of the best drummers that ever lived his travel books and bicycle and motorcycle tours should not be overlooked.

I have a number of Rush records in my collection but only saw them live once.

RIP

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here