Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Restaurant 2020 Thread

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Any fans of Kitgum Kitchen wanting to smooth their passage in to bricks and mortar can help their crowdfund here - https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/kitgumtherestaurant

In other news Cafe Rouge and Carluccios are closing down.

They have been at the Brookstead quite a lot. £50 gift voucher almost seems like a no brainer. Invest £50, get a £50 voucher to be used when they open

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Back to the excellent Fourth and Church for lunch over the weekend. They’ve removed the deli counter and now got a stylish and nicely lit bar seating area, so the set up is much more restaurant plus wine shop although you can still buy cheeses.

Had the charcuterie platter, salmon gravadlax, broad bean/aubergine hummus and best of all super tender octopus with nduja croquetas which were fantastic. The wine is of course first class but I settled for a nice pint of IPA instead.

I think F&C really offers something different and is easily over looked - maybe the new lay out will help with that. I do hope they succeed.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
While in Liverpool went to The Art School. Our third visit.
It really is an exceptional place. Great service and attention to detail.
Went for the tasting menu with accompanying wine.
One of the best meals I have ever had.
27A87B4E-0A2E-4E74-A9B2-51741CD6F70C.jpeg

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Cote Brasserie - Brighton

After finally agreeing where to eat and when, which can take time with Mrs Hut, booked a table here last Saturday at 14:00hrs, not a time either of us normally eat.

Not been here before and first observation - jam packed so must be reasonable.

Starters - Crab Mayonnaise and Calamari. Both well cooked and seasoned, Calamari was quite huge for a starter so gentlemanly stepped in to finish wifes' starter.

Both had mains of Pan roasted Pork Belly with gratin potato, braised Savoy cabbage, apples, thyme and calvados jus which were very good, however gratin potato a bit lumpy and quite poncy to serve in a separate dish so hot you cannot pick up. Pork was excellently cooked as was savoy cabbage.

Service very good and reasonably priced for what it was - 8 out of 10

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I need this:

From Trollburger

Coming this Saturday

�� The Black Heart Burger ��

Stepping out of my comfort zone once again and I invite you to do the same.

I’ve plans to cook with a lot more offal in 2020 with an idea for a Wednesday pop up in February called “No Guts, no glory”. This will be a fussy eater free zone. 2 menu options, one burger, one other dish, no vegan food, no gluten free, just 100% offal.

I’m trialling the burger this Saturday. There will be a limited amount and the concept is still open to change but the working concept is as follows.. Ox heart patty, molasses candied black pudding, dripping fried onions, beef shin and tomato ketchup, crispy fried cavolo nero, smoked onion mayo.

Have you got the guts to try it?

#nogutsnoglory #offal #meat #heart #blackheartburger

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I need this:

From Trollburger

Coming this Saturday

�� The Black Heart Burger ��

Stepping out of my comfort zone once again and I invite you to do the same.

I’ve plans to cook with a lot more offal in 2020 with an idea for a Wednesday pop up in February called “No Guts, no glory”. This will be a fussy eater free zone. 2 menu options, one burger, one other dish, no vegan food, no gluten free, just 100% offal.

I’m trialling the burger this Saturday. There will be a limited amount and the concept is still open to change but the working concept is as follows.. Ox heart patty, molasses candied black pudding, dripping fried onions, beef shin and tomato ketchup, crispy fried cavolo nero, smoked onion mayo.

Have you got the guts to try it?

#nogutsnoglory #offal #meat #heart #blackheartburger

Where is he operating out of now ?

**Evening Star I see** Might grab one after the game Saturday if he is around

Last edited:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Back to the excellent Fourth and Church for lunch over the weekend. They’ve removed the deli counter and now got a stylish and nicely lit bar seating area, so the set up is much more restaurant plus wine shop although you can still buy cheeses.

Had the charcuterie platter, salmon gravadlax, broad bean/aubergine hummus and best of all super tender octopus with nduja croquetas which were fantastic. The wine is of course first class but I settled for a nice pint of IPA instead.

I think F&C really offers something different and is easily over looked - maybe the new lay out will help with that. I do hope they succeed.

Octopus you say? I can't see it on the menu, was it a special?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

He has a 'hut' just down from the station in Trafalgar Street. Everything is prepared at his flat. Spent a few months last year delivering veg to him while out of work. Very nice guy .

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He has a 'hut' just down from the station in Trafalgar Street. Everything is prepared at his flat. Spent a few months last year delivering veg to him while out of work. Very nice guy ..... l:

The hut shut down end of last year! There’s a notice on it, can’t remember the reason

Last edited by a moderator:

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The hut shut down end of last year! There’s a notice on it, can’t remember the reason

Apologies then - a few months out of date clearly ! The last sentence still stands though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Just had confirmation from the man himself he will be open, outside the Star, noon until 8pm.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He has a 'hut' just down from the station in Trafalgar Street. Everything is prepared at his flat. Spent a few months last year delivering veg to him while out of work. Very nice guy . :clap2:

Hmmmm. Might be an idea to delete the last three words of your post?

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Hmmmm. Might be an idea to delete the last three words of your post?

Really ? Are people really so up their own arse in this city that it would make it a problem ?

Edited anyway, just for the stuck up people.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Really ? Are people really so up their own arse in this city that it would make it a problem ?

I’m not. But equally, I don’t think it’s fair to post that on a public forum. They might not want it publicised, that’s where I’m coming from.

Otherwise, cracking post!

:smile:

See you there at noon?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
And I’ve edited the quoted post otherwise it was pointless Westdene changing anything. Let’s leave it there...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Anyone been to Honest Burgers ?

Thinking of going in a few weeks time

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Savage hatchet job and quite amusing.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Yeah, it made me chuckle. I can see where she is coming from.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here