Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Death of My Mother

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Ingrid F. Gibson, 87, Des Plaines, Illinois, and longtime Mount Prospect, IL, resident died at 1:58 P.M. Friday January 3, 2020, at Holy Family Medical Center. She was born on June 30, 1932 in Hamburg, Germany to Else (Albrecht) and Henry Delk. She attended Rostock University to study medicine. On June 22, 1952, she married Henry Gibson, a doctoral candidate in physics from Seaford, UK.

Ingrid started her professional career in Germany as an actress. In 1963, she and her young son, Frank, moved to the United Kingdom to join her husband who had accepted a position as physicist with Delco Electronics in Lancashire, UK. Her husband died in 1972, after the birth of their daughter, Judith. Ingrid and her two children moved to the Chicago area to be closer to two of her sisters, and she proudly became a naturalized citizen of the United States on June 13, 1978.

Since living in America, Ingrid had traveled across the world working as a translator, translating Russian, German, French, and English. She also served as a Real Estate Agent and worked at the Illinois Secretary of State Office, Mount Prospect branch, before retiring. Her passions in life included the study of medicine, literature, art, and theater, interacting with children, and she was an avid card player. She welcomed everyone into her family and cared deeply about people who are poor and are otherwise marginalized by society.

Survivors include son Frank and his wife Julie Gibson of Darlington, UK; daughter Judith and her husband Lloyd Jennings, Jr., Columbus, Indiana; grandchildren Ryan Gibson, Darlington, UK; Kristine (Tom) Lindsay, Zion, IL; Daniel Jennings, Zionsville, Indiana; Victoria Jennings, Indianapolis; Olivia Jennings, Rochester, Indiana; Jordan Jennings, Rochester, Indiana; and three great grandchildren. She also leaves behind two step-daughters, Renate Waldmann, and Sabine (Jorg) Froese-Duill, both of Germany; sister Gerda Zunic, Mundelein, IL; sister, Bertha Kommans, Chicago ; ten nieces and nephews; and an extended family that includes Lee Moore and companion Christina , Arlington Heights and Sally Golightly and husband Ed, Des Plaines, She was preceded in death by her parents and sister, Edith Delk, Germany; and brother-in-law, Willy Kommans, Chicago. Ingrid was loved by so many and will be deeply missed.

A celebration of life will take place at 10:30 A.M. Sunday, January 12, 2020 at Glueckert Funeral Home, 1520 N. Arlington Heights Rd. , Friends may visit with the family from 4:00 P.M. to 7:00 P.M. Saturday January 11, 2020, and one hour prior to service Sunday at the funeral home in Arlington Heights. Arrangements by Zimmerman Bros. Funeral Home, Fulton, Indiana. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Chicago Lighthouse Rescue Mission. Online condolences may be expressed at www.zimmermanbrosfh.com.

Last edited:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Sorry for your loss :(

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Ingrid F. Gibson, 87, Des Plaines, Illinois, and longtime Mount Prospect, IL, resident died at 1:58 P.M. Friday January 3, 2020, at Holy Family Medical Center. She was born on June 30, 1932 in Hamburg, Germany to Else (Albrecht) and Henry Delk. She attended Rostock University to study medicine. On June 22, 1952, she married Henry Gibson, a doctoral candidate in physics from Seaford, UK.

Ingrid started her professional career in Germany as an actress. In 1963, she and her young son, Frank, moved to the United Kingdom to join her husband who had accepted a position as physicist with Delco Electronics in Lancashire, UK. Her husband died in 1972, after the birth of their daughter, Judith. Ingrid and her two children moved to the Chicago area to be closer to two of her sisters, and she proudly became a naturalized citizen of the United States on June 13, 1978.

Since living in America, Ingrid had traveled across the world working as a translator, translating Russian, German, French, and English. She also served as a Real Estate Agent and worked at the Illinois Secretary of State Office, Mount Prospect branch, before retiring. Her passions in life included the study of medicine, literature, art, and theater, interacting with children, and she was an avid card player. She welcomed everyone into her family and cared deeply about people who are poor and are otherwise marginalized by society.

Survivors include son Frank and his wife Julie Gibson of Darlington, UK; daughter Judith and her husband Lloyd Jennings, Jr., Columbus, Indiana; grandchildren Ryan Gibson, Darlington, UK; Kristine (Tom) Lindsay, Zion, IL; Daniel Jennings, Zionsville, Indiana; Victoria Jennings, Indianapolis; Olivia Jennings, Rochester, Indiana; Jordan Jennings, Rochester, Indiana; and three great grandchildren. She also leaves behind two step-daughters, Renate Waldmann, and Sabine (Jorg) Froese-Duill, both of Germany; sister Gerda Zunic, Mundelein, IL; sister, Bertha Kommans, Chicago ; ten nieces and nephews; and an extended family that includes Lee Moore and companion Christina , Arlington Heights and Sally Golightly and husband Ed, Des Plaines, She was preceded in death by her parents and sister, Edith Delk, Germany; and brother-in-law, Willy Kommans, Chicago. Ingrid was loved by so many and will be deeply missed.

A celebration of life will take place at 10:30 A.M. Sunday, January 12, 2020 at Glueckert Funeral Home, 1520 N. Arlington Heights Rd. , Friends may visit with the family from 4:00 P.M. to 7:00 P.M. Saturday January 11, 2020, and one hour prior to service Sunday at the funeral home in Arlington Heights. Arrangements by Zimmerman Bros. Funeral Home, Mundelein. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Chicago Lighthouse Rescue Mission. Online condolences may be expressed at www.zimmermanbrosfh.com.

Always sad to hear of a bereavement; sorry to hear your news. It sounds as if she enjoyed a fulfilling life and will be missed and celebrated by many. That's a consolation.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
5deea12d9db41.JPG

Mutti

As you might guess we didn't always see eye to eye on things and is the biggest reason I'm in the UK. Of course my wife is an excellent cook and I live life fat and fancy playing on my computer.

Last edited:

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Sorry for your loss Frank, she appears to have lived a very full and interesting life. RIP Ingrid

My dad called me Franz, my cousins in Chicago Frank, my wife calls me "arse" and my son, Ryan, well, "dad"

I actually like L. Franklin Gibson. I think it sounds sophisicated, It's so easy to drift into heavy thoughts these days. I almost changed my name to L. Ronald Gibson once

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Incredible life story, she sounded like quite a character. Sorry for your loss.

I was in Darlington just before Christmas, the place has a charm I wouldn't have expected. The brick train borders on bizarre, but South Park is stunning and their parkrun course is marvellous. I went for a run up to the stadium which looks and feels abandoned, although I know a rugby team play there in front of tiny crowds relative to the capacity.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
My dad called me Franz, my cousins in Chicago Frank, my wife calls me "arse" and my son, Ryan, well, "dad"

I actually like L. Franklin Gibson. I think it sounds sophisticated, It's so easy to drift into heavy thoughts these days. I almost changed my name to L. Ronald Gibson once

So sorry for your loss, but she she led a remarkable life by the looks of it - and crammed more into it than many people would thats for sure.

Go with Franklin...great name. Its what we called our youngest son, but he is far from sophisticated :rolleyes:

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Sorry to hear that mate. Hope you guys are doing as well as can be expected in these times. Time to celebrate what was, quite obviously, a remarkable life

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Life well lived by the sound of it

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here