Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The future looks very very rosy .....don;t believe me then read this...

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
A weak piece, it only mentions some strikers. We must have some decent youngsters in other positions

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Disappointed. Thought this was another Brexit thread.........but anyway can’t spell Connolly, and doesn’t mention Alzate either.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Is Roberts good enough to be 5th choice central defender for the rest of the season, so we can let Balogun move on ? ???

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Oh joy. A badly researched article by a badly paid clickbait journalist on a formularic site full of ads. Whoop.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
We do, though most of the best ones aren't mentioned in this article. Sanders, Molumby, Robert's etc. It's as if someone has just looked at goals and assists and based the article on that alone

Agreed, it’s a poor article.

I know we haven’t brought him through but I’m really excited by Richards when I watch him too. Think he’s got something about him. Slightly different type of player but like Alzate he has real ability and confidence on the ball. Looks like he could step up.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I defer to AZ Gull in this area, but Tsoungui and Roberts at the back, and Spong and Jenks in midfield all look the real deal too.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Is Roberts good enough to be 5th choice central defender for the rest of the season, so we can let Balogun move on ? ???

From the few times that I have seen him play I'd say he has every chance of being a very very good player indeed.
Whilst we're talking about the u23 team let's not forget Romaric Yapi who has the potential to be a very good right back. I would hope to see him in the squad for next season if not before.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
From the few times that I have seen him play I'd say he has every chance of being a very very good player indeed.
Whilst we're talking about the u23 team let's not forget Romaric Yapi who has the potential to be a very good right back. I would hope to see him in the squad for next season if not before.

I don't know about our first team - or squad - but it looks as if we could be trying to find Championship level loans for about ten of our youngsters next season ........... or even some half season loans starting this month.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
I don't know about our first team - or squad - but it looks as if we could be trying to find Championship level loans for about ten of our youngsters next season ........... or even some half season loans starting this month.

^ so much this. Baluta has 7 international caps and should be playing competitive football rather than being in our reserves. There's no cup competitions for them to be used in, so best thing would be to send out to a Championship club to get experience.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
^ so much this. Baluta has 7 international caps and should be playing competitive football rather than being in our reserves. There's no cup competitions for them to be used in, so best thing would be to send out to a Championship club to get experience.

In the summer he apparently refused a loan to try to fight for a first team place.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I defer to AZ Gull in this area, but Tsoungui and Roberts at the back, and Spong and Jenks in midfield all look the real deal too.

Nobody should be defering to me - I have no more opportunity to see the youngsters than any other Albion fan, and I won't claim to have any special talent-spotting abilities!

I wouldn't disagree with your assessment; we knew about Roberts from last season, but I have been just as impressed with Tsoungui's appearances at both U-18 and U-23 level this season.

It is certainly an exciting time to be a follower of the Albion youth system.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here