Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Return of the injured - Kayal & Andone

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I’ve read the odd bit, here & there, that King Kayal & Kicker Andone could be sent back to the Albion due to med/long term injuries.

Would either make the squad? Surely Croft’s place is in danger!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Think they’ve both been here for a while? Kayal certainly has...

Yes they both could in theory of course and both have been good performers last season - so yes. Football changes so quickly, remember locadia suddenly having that burst of games and playing well. Never say never. But not everyone will reply as level headed as this...

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Andone is out for the season with a serious knee injury, and spent most of the autumn badmouthing the club. He won't play for us again.

Kayal seems to have had a succession of niggly little injuries - possible if he can get past these that he could stick around as CM backup.

There's also been no official word on a recall for Mlakar... maybe we are waiting to announce a second loan for him to somewhere else, surely he wont be staying at QPR where hes not even making matchday squads half the time.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Kayal is done. It’s his 12th operation on his groin apparently. Can’t see him getting near our squad

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I thought Andone was being treated at Galatasaray? Seem to remember this coming from Naylor or Owen?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I thought Andone was being treated at Galatasaray? Seem to remember this coming from Naylor or Owen?

I also think I've read somewhere (a few weeks ago) that Andone was expected back playing Jan/Feb time (and not out for season).

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Galatasaray are at the maximum limit of their foreign players I think, so they need to ship Andone out to bring another in.

Maybe that is why reports of him being fit in Feb/March suddenly changed to him being out for the season - as they create a narrative to try and send him back ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Where did you get the twelfth from?

9th rather. Actually might be poor grammar and be the 9th operation of his career, rather than 9th on his groin

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Not sure how much the Andone saga was blown up by the media but this is what he said before his injury:

Andone replied: “I was misunderstood and I want to make it clear. My year [at Brighton] was not what I expected. I missed that they had confidence in me, I didn’t play more than two consecutive games as a starter. I don’t ask to play every game, because I’m not a megastar, I just want continuity. I started to doubt myself, my abilities and if I really had a level [to succeed] in the Premier League.

“There were many disappointments. It’s not that I don’t want to go back, I respect Brighton, they signed me six years and they’re concerned about me. I just want to feel like a footballer. It all starts by recovering my best form and being happy.”

https://www.clubcall.com/premier-le...nderstanding-over-his-desire-to-stay-on-loan/

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not sure how much the Andone saga was blown up by the media but this is what he said before his injury:

Andone replied: “I was misunderstood and I want to make it clear. My year [at Brighton] was not what I expected. I missed that they had confidence in me, I didn’t play more than two consecutive games as a starter. I don’t ask to play every game, because I’m not a megastar, I just want continuity. I started to doubt myself, my abilities and if I really had a level [to succeed] in the Premier League.

“There were many disappointments. It’s not that I don’t want to go back, I respect Brighton, they signed me six years and they’re concerned about me. I just want to feel like a footballer. It all starts by recovering my best form and being happy.”

https://www.clubcall.com/premier-le...nderstanding-over-his-desire-to-stay-on-loan/

Hmmm ....... "My agent has told me I'd better try and mend a few bridges" perhaps?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Based on Andone's recent story on Instagram he is now running and kicking a football. Oh and he certainly isn't in this country, looked somewhere sunny and hot, so I assume he is still in Turkey.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Based on Andone's recent story on Instagram he is now running and kicking a football. Oh and he certainly isn't in this country, looked somewhere sunny and hot, so I assume he is still in Turkey.

I have a vague memory he is rehabing somewhere in South America for whatever reason

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Doesn't sound like he is 'out for the season' :shrug:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Fair enough. Not sure where I read he was out for the season, but sounds like I am mistaken.
The reports were all saying he was out until Feb/March, and then all of a sudden he was out for the season. At the same time other reports were alluding that Galatasary were at the maximum number of foreign players so needed to move 1 out to move 1 in. Hmmm.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here