Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Derby V Brighton U18s Tonight

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
So why does the match centre on the BHA website not include the Albion lineup? Can see the Derby one but when clicking on the Albion one nothing is shown!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
So why does the match centre on the BHA website not include the Albion lineup? Can see the Derby one but when clicking on the Albion one nothing is shown!

a5984d8253ab60e898d9694458062dbc.jpg

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
At what stage will a home tie be likely to be played at the Amex? I’d fancy this... did the Fulham one at Withdean before - actually it was Chelsea I think...

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
At what stage will a home tie be likely to be played at the Amex? I’d fancy this... did the Fulham one at Withdean before - actually it was Chelsea I think...

The intent of the competition is that all ties are played at the ground of the first team. I have no idea why the 3rd round tie against Leicester City wasn't staged at the Amex - previous home 3rd round ties in the competition have been.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Yes Chelsea, total cock-up on turnstiles and paying cash

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Really good result. Hopefully a home draw at the Broadfield stadium next.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Yes Chelsea, total cock-up on turnstiles and paying cash

I was there. Very amusing . Decided at last minute to go thinking would park in car park and couldnt get near. I think about 4/5000 turned up and got in free. as no staff etc. Knight got people to go round with buckets collecting gate money club had missed out on. A test for AC Gull but could he tell us what round that was and what was our team

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I think it'd be good to play a 12.30 KO U18's game, when we have a 3 p.m. EPL game, yes I know they'd have to use a different area for changing etc but that's fine, it'd be good for the fans to get a chance to cheer them on and some experience for the lads.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
I think it'd be good to play a 12.30 KO U18's game, when we have a 3 p.m. EPL game, yes I know they'd have to use a different area for changing etc but that's fine, it'd be good for the fans to get a chance to cheer them on and some experience for the lads.

They sort of already do this. U18s usually play on Saturday lunchtimes... but at Lancing.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
They sort of already do this. U18s usually play on Saturday lunchtimes... but at Lancing.

Indeed, just thinking move this once or twice a season to The Amex, giving the age group a little exposure and the fans, in the latter part of the game, would build for some bigger crowd experience?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm not sure if it is explicit in the actual competition rules, but it is very much the expectation, that ties in the FAY Cup be held at the clubs' main stadia.

Looking through the ties in this current round, it is disappointing to see that almost half are not adhering to it (and a shame that in the 3rd round, we were one of them).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here