Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Duke and Duchess of Sussex QUIT the Royal family

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Miscarriages are natures way of stopping non-viable embryos from bring born. Megan is nearly 40 at this age it's harder to get pregnant, the risk of birth defects is higher, she must know this. She is very lucky to have a healthy baby boy.

The idea that it is something that happens, or happens to people of a certain age range isn't in doubt - it's the fact that, for some reason, it means she isn't allowed to speak about something that is "normal" or "just happens" because she comes from a certain background or has a certain position.

Am I the only one that thinks that logic is ****ing ludicrous?

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
She can speak out on Twitter or YouTube on it. It’s when her life is treated as a news story by the media purely because of who she married that it becomes tiresome for a lot of us.

The “it’s not news unless one of our betters experiences it” mentality isn’t a healthy one, I feel.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
She can speak out on Twitter or YouTube on it. It’s when her life is treated as a news story by the media purely because of who she married that it becomes tiresome for a lot of us.

The “it’s not news unless one of our betters experiences it” mentality isn’t a healthy one, I feel.

Or you use your prominent position to provide some leadership on an important issue such as the Rashfords, Hamiltons of the world

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not the fact that a person with influence and wealth has experienced the exact same thing that people who are in lockdown/recession/Covid hit Brighton, but has the benefit of a platform and an audience to raise awareness of it, to those that may not have much understanding of it?
Does that mean that only people from certain backgrounds are allowed to discuss this and raise awareness of it? Will the media give two shits about someone in Crawley who has been through it, or someone in the public eye that can get people talking about it?

I'm struggling to see why anyone would see this as a bad thing, unless there's some weird, unnecessary prejudice attached to it :shrug:

She has been speaking out about women’s issues since she was 11 and wrote a complaint to Proctor & Gamble referencing an advert being blatantly sexist.
For those who are moaning about her talking to the press, how many of you read the New York Times regularly?

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
She has been speaking out about women’s issues since she was 11 and wrote a complaint to Proctor & Gamble referencing an advert being blatantly sexist.
For those who are moaning about her talking to the press, how many of you read the New York Times regularly?

No but I read the Argus :shrug:

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
The idea that it is something that happens, or happens to people of a certain age range isn't in doubt - it's the fact that, for some reason, it means she isn't allowed to speak about something that is "normal" or "just happens" because she comes from a certain background or has a certain position.

No you are not and I agree with you.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Absolute state of this thread where a woman mentions she has had a miscarriage and gets abuse for it

Templeton Peck

Faceman
Jul 15, 2009
Brighton

No, we've had 9 with one as recently as last week. Wife is 'only' 30.

It's great she is raising awareness and trying to make people understand how common, but how heart-breaking it is. I appreciate where she mentions how hard it is for Harry as there is literally f*** all men can do other than offer emotional support.

That being said she does have a tendency to mouth off about the press and then use them when she needs/wants them so I can understand why that rubs people up the wrong way.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex

Come on.

Have you seen the jeans advert she did? She uses the media as much as they use her.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Hugely excited to hear the new podcast from the Sussexes. They sound like absolute naturals at podcasts already.

[YT]imKt32sSzpE[/YT]

Love it when Harry wishes us all :Happy Holidays' at the end! Sounds like this is the feel good podcast we all need. Spotify have rumoured to pay them £25m for these podcasts, these are going to be box office.

y

Last edited:

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Hugely excited to hear the new podcast from the Sussexes.

[YT]imKt32sSzpE[/YT]

Love it when Harry wishes us all :Happy Holidays' at the end! Sounds like this is the feel good podcast we all need. Spotify have rumoured to pay them £25m for these podcasts, these are going to be box office.

y

Y indeed

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Hugely excited to hear the new podcast from the Sussexes.

[YT]imKt32sSzpE[/YT]

y

Interestnig.

Very, very interesting ..............

Just not quite sure who to.
:shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here